Indian Rupee Depreciation

Hi all,

The Indian rupee has suddenly depreciated a lot within a short duration. Experts feel that the rupee can depreciate more and reach at 42.50 - 43 against the USD. How would you all rate this to have impact on the stock markets ?
Some effect of this is already seen on the IT stocks gaining in the past week. Do you all see the same trend to continue to keep the stocks afloat ?

Hi all,

The Indian rupee has suddenly depreciated a lot within a short duration. Experts feel that the rupee can depreciate more and reach at 42.50 - 43 against the USD. How would you all rate this to have impact on the stock markets ?
Some effect of this is already seen on the IT stocks gaining in the past week. Do you all see the same trend to continue to keep the stocks afloat ?

For future I can see the Indian Rupee strengh, and maybe by next year i can see the Indian stockmarket meltdown. Obviously India is unique as it is supported by heavy inflows of NRI money - without the NRI money I doubt if India would shine!
well thats my opinion

Raj,

I think it's only a matter of time before they start raising rates to counter increasing inflationary pressures, especially from food. Higher rates should support a currency but higher inflation undermines it. A bit of a dilemma. On balance, I would guess a strengthening rupee via outside investors (which I think is what forex99 is referring to?).

Grant.

ah,
dear friend....off lately i see more nri's coming back looking for better oppurtunities...i am a trader in Indian markets,i think the days of nri money has long gone.In my street alone we have 6 american citizens and i am talking of fellow desi's......lol
all the best!:p
p.s:i am trying to get into forex and after i read all these horrific experinece of baorders in this forum with brokers,i seriously wonder if getting into forex would be a wise thing...Plz pitch in your thoughts.

For future I can see the Indian Rupee strengh, and maybe by next year i can see the Indian stockmarket meltdown. Obviously India is unique as it is supported by heavy inflows of NRI money - without the NRI money I doubt if India would shine!
well thats my opinion

Last edited: