IMF warning, still far a way to solve the European debt

hpc

IMF pointed out that euro-zone debt crisis make the global financial market conditions more unstable, orderly adjustment process is expected to be quite lengthy and expensive. Serious economic imbalances within the euro area potential a global boom-bust cycles, European debt crisis management failure caused high levels of stress and will spread to other countries.
Although the IMF to participate in relief Greece, Portugal and Ireland, but failed to grasp downturn detonated the global financial crisis in 2008 have subjected of much criticism.

Hello, this is my 1st post.
Sorry my english is not that good, hope is good enough to be precise.
I would like to ask a simple-newbie question, simple but hard to answer.
Could somebody explain me who is the creditor in those cases ?
List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Or where can I find informations about who have lent the money to those governments ?
This should be quite transparent and easy to show, but is extremely hard to find.
Everyone is talking about crisis, crisis, crisis, when I ask this simple question no one can answer.
Valuable info I found is that:
"The debt includes money owed to private commercial banks, other governments, or international financial institutions such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank."
So do I have to understand , that each government can lend to one country and borrow from other and that list shows just its liabilties without the money which it is going to collect and is waiting for (lack of the right word here)
Because I can't explain that amounts of money as no single financial institution or even all banks I know together can't possess that big financial resources.
I understand that european banks could lend money to greece as it is not that big amount (but big % of GDP I suppose) and is like 50.000.000.000$ or 250.000.000.000 (whatever) - anyway nominally not comparable to first places on that list.
Many thanks for answering !

Last edited: