Im Responsible Lad from ADVFN and im going to WIN

Responsible Lad

Hi all,

I will be trying my hardest to win this competition this time. Try to beat the well known double6 for his best in the world share tips, who usually wins the competition nearly everytime.

Hi double6 and Vos,
I just took a slight loss on DES and timed buying IBB at the right time for 51p. I have confidence that IBB will recover to 60p and then I will sell again.

No its me who will win since I just shorted GAW at £6. They be £3 tomorrow by the end of the week.

Cant believe this, I was on 85K and now I am down to 69K. This tends to be always the way it goes for me. My last hope of winning first place looks like it all depends whether CFL goes up in price.

Hi Vos,

Well I was trying to go for the all time high record on trade2win. Luckily enough I have spawned another really good anouncment on CFL today and I should be in first by the end of the day.

I cant believe it, I am making money third time lucky today. Just goes to show how shorting is only suitable after you see a bad A on a company. That is the only way to make money guarenteed on a monthly basis with IG I guess. Well I will be trying it out soon, cause I lost thousands doing T's where you get beaten by the stamp duty and stockbroker fees. Also get beaten by the market makers since they know you are holding on credit.

I just went to order TMC when the asking price is 2.5p, I hope I paid that cause sometimes if the price goes up 5 minutes after you place it you pay more. Please do not make me pay 2.6p,

LOL - youre a star - you should have held on to your winning position!

Thanks vos, Its not my fault why my cash is down, I really paid 2.5p, cause they went up to 2.6p 3 minutes after I place the trade.

Stephen - EVERY trade you make, it ends up at the ACTUAL ADVFN price 5 minutes AFTER the time you enter it on T2W - I've had same problem before!!

Hi VOS,
Thanks for that, I understand now why I never get a good price on a rising stock. Being in first as you are, is not as safe as it looks. There is a huge number of high risk - high reward penny share stocks on here covered by many players. If any of these, pull of a major anouncement, then sadly you will be in second.
Anyway I wish you best of luck,

Kind Regards
RL

vos: Is that right - can others confirm this, we can easily fix this by changing the delay on our feed from 20 to 25 mins (I think that's right?!).

Paul - yes - basically if I press the button at 10am on T2W, I get the price on ADVFN at 10.05am - I've lost out a few times in the past!! (Don;t know about the 25 min delay though ??)

The delay is longer than the 20 mins advertised - I'm not 100% sure about exactly 25 mins though.

Only 53rd this month :-(

Out of interest, why are we finishing the comp on Thursday the 21st and not the usual Friday ?
( unless the details on the overview page are wrong )

Started: March 26, 2005
Ends: April 21, 2005

I got up early to buy into a super stock today with a good anouncement, so I would have a better chance of winning this competition. What happens, is that I buy into COE and the price does not keep going up enough to cover the spread. Though every time COE has started going up in the past, they ended up rising by 50% or more, so I could still be in with a chance to win.