IGindex taking me to Bankruptcy

Well Swanny, you and Hoggsy must be the only ones who do.

How many customers do you think they have? Do you know how many of their customers are consistent winners? No...You're a failed dreamer have a go day-trader...deal with it, let it go, and move on. Come back to *us* when it's over..

So, if you had made a fat finger profit, would they have rang you and claimed the money back?
Phoning up and "wondering what was happening" describes the calibre of their service quite aptly.

It shows they were monitoring their clients positions, detected some unusual activity so phoned up to check.

How on earth does that signify a low calibre service? Explain it please.

How many customers do you think they have? Do you know how many of their customers are consistent winners? No...You're a failed dreamer have a go day-trader...deal with it, let it go, and move on. Come back to *us* when it's over..

Totally agree.

The only ones who complain are the ones who lost money and seek to blame anyone but themselves.

Yes SB is not perfect and you do get slippage but if you cannot make a profit without a "perfect" service you seem to expect, then you should steer well clear of trading.

Slippage is a fact of trading no matter what the platform. If 2-3 pips is ruining your profit then your "trading system" is simply unrealistic and untradable.

Totally agree.

The only ones who complain are the ones who lost money and seek to blame anyone but themselves.

Yes SB is not perfect and you do get slippage but if you cannot make a profit without a "perfect" service you seem to expect, then you should steer well clear of trading.

Slippage is a fact of trading no matter what the platform. If 2-3 pips is ruining your profit then your "trading system" is simply unrealistic and untradable.

Hoggums,
As mentioned, in my case, it is simply factual information that around 50% of my stops are slipped by an average of 2.88 points in the most liquid spot FX markets. All but one of the eleven trades in question were outside news announcements. On the balance of probabilities, this seems highly irregular.

Rather than bashing IG Index, it would be beneficial for all of us who trade spot FX with IG Index to know the degree of slippage others are experiencing in order to determine if this is a common occurrence.

Slippage is a fact of trading, but if a firm, without justification, shaves an additional 3 pips per trade it has the effect of more than doubling your transaction costs. You may think that's ok but I think paying more trading costs then necessary is simply irrational.

Again, it would be beneficial for all of us who trade spot FX with IG Index to know the degree of slippage others are experiencing in order to determine if this is a common occurrence.

From the above, I don't see why you would reply "If 2-3 pips is ruining your profit then your "trading system" is simply unrealistic and untradable."

So come on everybody, don't be shy, get on your keyboards and let us know if you ever experience "overly regular" stop slippage with IG Index, spot FX or otherwise?

Totally agree.

Agree to 1000%. If you want to SB (for a living) then swing or position trade with them (the key word there being WITH ), anything else is suicide...it's a slow or quick death of your choice, but the end result is the same...

I use IG Index.and used other platforms in the past.
Iv'e read alot of books on trading using charts etc. guess what. it wasn't working, so as an experiment I bet both ways on the ftse 100. not once did it go into a profit. it always seemed to of consolidated inbetween where I placed my bets/trades.
there was also delayed trades platform freezing etc.like mentioned above.

This week I will be closing my spread betting accounts as it all seems to be a bit of a con to me.

Remember ONE MAN'S GREED IS ANOTHER MAN'S GAIN !!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

Hallo folks,

Oh dear, the ever so friendly and good people of IG index are taking me to bankruptcy court. Have I got a chance?
I refused to pay them because I came to the conclusion that they did not act in accordance with their order execution policy. Rejected trades, delays, platform freezes, wrong information, fob offs etc. I decided that they had not acted to obtain the "best possible results for our clients". Its not a big amount and I wasn't trading large amounts (compared to what I have seen on this board!). I went through the process of the compliance department who would not let me see my account activity so that I could make my complaint in full. In the end they rejected my complaint sent me a Statutory Demand and are taking me to Bankruptcy court.
Anyone been to bankruptcy court with IGIndex and won?
Anyone know the terms and conditions inside out?
Have I got a chance or should I just pay them? That is the question???

I use IG Index.and used other platforms in the past.
Iv'e read alot of books on trading using charts etc. guess what. it wasn't working, so as an experiment I bet both ways on the ftse 100. not once did it go into a profit. it always seemed to of consolidated inbetween where I placed my bets/trades.
there was also delayed trades platform freezing etc.like mentioned above.

This week I will be closing my spread betting accounts as it all seems to be a bit of a con to me.

Remember ONE MAN'S GREED IS ANOTHER MAN'S GAIN !!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

I'm with you on this one, mcd. It makes no sense to suggest that 2-3 pips slippage (or pseudo-slippage) is unimportant. Would anyone trade with a SB offering 5pip/pt spreads when the rest were giving 1 or 2 pip/pt?
SB platforms are adjustable, and IG probably just grab a few extra pips when they think they can get away with it.
How about ringing their customer disservice line again and telling them you'll be moving to another SB that doesn't routinely slip 50% of your trades?

as an experiment I bet both ways on the ftse 100. not once did it go into a profit. it always seemed to of consolidated inbetween where I placed my bets/trades.

On the other hand, you've lost me on that one. How would you ever make a profit by paying the spread twice?

Totally agree.

Just wanted to highlight this part in particular, I reckon one of the constituent parts of the make up necessary to become consistently profitable in this business is manning up to your mistakes and deficiencies..Guys bleating about 2 pip slip with IG are the same lot (see what I did there? ;)) moaning re. Davie Robertson's 100 quid courses not making them 50K inside 12 months...What always puzzles me is why they stick it when they can just up sticks?

On a limited account with IG, trading EU, it'll cost you (at best) a 2 pip spread, more likely 3/4. Then they charge you what, 3 pip for the GS? So at fill you may be 6-7 pips offside. Even if you have a micro from FXCM the same fill will cost you consistently 2-3 pips...50% less. So WTF does anyone bother SB-ing unless they want to trade securities not available elsewhere, or for tax issues. If you're trading in a way with SB that 2 pip slip is hurting you then you really need to stop trading, go and sit in the corner of a dark room and have a long hard think..and don't bother the rest of us until you've eventually had your (very lagging) eureka moment..

mcd do you have a controlled risk account? because it strikes me that if 50% of your trades are being 'slipped' 2-3 pips on currencies the most likely explanation is that you are being charged controlled risk premium on your opening trades and in fact not being slipped at all.

Last edited:
On a limited account with IG, trading EU, it'll cost you (at best) a 2 pip spread, more likely 3/4. Then they charge you what, 3 pip for the GS? So at fill you may be 6-7 pips offside. Even if you have a micro from FXCM the same fill will cost you consistently 2-3 pips...50% less.

That in itself seems like a good reason to use a SB that gives 1pt EU spread and doesn't routinely slip 50% of trades, even without using a guaranteed stop - which may be free, anyway.

No need to be arrogant pr1cks about telling people you think they need to understand where they are in the learning curve rather than complaining about SB's guys.

sure you've all been there yourselves at some point

Agree to 1000%. If you want to SB (for a living) then swing or position trade with them (the key word there being WITH ), anything else is suicide...it's a slow or quick death of your choice, but the end result is the same...

yep, totally agree with this, and surprised these guys haven't worked it out yet...
I position trade stocks on 1-3 month timeframes, a 2-3 pip slippage on entry means nout to me! the 1000pip profit does though!

mcd do you have a controlled risk account? because it strikes me that if 50% of your trades are being 'slipped' 2-3 pips on currencies the most likely explanation is that you are being charged controlled risk premium on your opening trades and in fact not being slipped at all.

Hi Shortsell, I have a regular plus account. As mentioned in an older post I did contact IG Index saying the percentage of slipped stops seemed quite high but they replied that such slippage is "... both fair and reasonable...the only way to fully eliminate such a risk would be to trade with a guaranteed stop in place..." Their attitude was politely dismissive. However, since I contacted them, the average slippage has mysteriously halved to a more realistic level and more are now filled with zero slippage.

Hi Shortsell, I have a regular plus account. As mentioned in an older post I did contact IG Index saying the percentage of slipped stops seemed quite high but they replied that such slippage is "... both fair and reasonable...the only way to fully eliminate such a risk would be to trade with a guaranteed stop in place..." Their attitude was politely dismissive. However, since I contacted them, the average slippage has mysteriously halved to a more realistic level and more are now filled with zero slippage.

sorry i hadn't noticed that. hopefully your current experience continues - it is certainly more reflective of my experience.

good luck

However, since I contacted them, the average slippage has mysteriously halved to a more realistic level and more are now filled with zero slippage.

Tends to support the 'designer slippage' theory...