IGindex taking me to Bankruptcy

No I dont think so. I have 20MB broadband, 2.8Ghz/8GB Mem. My mate who traded DAX at the same time was trading from a trading arcade (he doenst have limits on DAX so he uses IG occasionaly). I do not think it is issue with pc or connection. I havent tried calling their trading desk tbh, but by the time I would call them it would be too late. Are you using any other platforms (for SB) or just IG?

Calling the desk in these situations is a good idea , i use multiple brokers/marketmakers , IG is very stable , which browser u use ?

Chrome, much faster than explorer...

chrome good , u could try to re-signin , or as i said call the desk it will not take minutes to close your trade , better than waiting ...

Thats possible, but it happened to me on a number of occasions. IG is ok in general, but sucks in this type of scenario. Basically the chart was working, but price quotes got stuck. You would not be able to get in or out of a position until the price retraced back. It took only a couple of minutes, but enough to get hurt if you traded. Happened to my friend as well who was trading DAX at the same time (around 9.26am) so it wasnt just my PC. Considering using different platform for this type of trading days. If anybody got good experience with any, pls do let me know

I've seen this a few times, both with IG and CityIndex platforms, where prices freeze. It's a typical Javascripting/Flash client application issue, that can usually be resolved by logging out and in again with a fresh session. Closing and restarting the Browser can be a good idea too in case of memory leaks....

I've seen this a few times, both with IG and CityIndex platforms, where prices freeze. It's a typical Javascripting/Flash client application issue, that can usually be resolved by logging out and in again with a fresh session. Closing and restarting the Browser can be a good idea too in case of memory leaks....

Leonarda, it happened to me and to my mate at the same time. We were trading at different places. Prices didnt freze. They were moving, but you would not be able to get in or out of a position. Graph showed price normaly, but quotes got stuck, moved couple of points but orders were rejected. This is not Javascript/flash application issue... When the price stabilized everything started working again...
Happened to me couple of times, usually when the price make a big move in a matter of seconds. Nothing to do with my browser or pc. This might be an issue for all SB platforms, in that case tough.... but if anybody got experience with another one, pls post it here. tha

I saw IG and ETX capital drop the ftse rolling cash by 10 points just after market close but other spread bet companies didn't do the drop.

Why didn't you arb trade it for a guaranteed profit ?

Paul

Hello...."bigboy" here...I'm back.

Its taken a long time, but the Ombudsman has finally had is say and he is "ordering" IGIndex to pay me "significant" compensation(according to the FOS scale) for distress and inconvenience.

Just thought I would let you guys know...IG Index wouldn't.

The only post on this thread that gets right to the core, and you kinda beat me to it glyder...the OP is simply a fooking troll...endex...What I find staggering is that the mods will clean up a tiny thread for a newbie signal vendor and yet one of their largest advertisers/revenue generators is berated on this forum and not in a position to defend itself from this mucky troll...Given T2W's *position* in Google this thread will probably now fly in Google....:spam:

is this from when he was working for ig?

pity the FOS disagreed lol.

"while Black Swan tried to be well 'ard,
he couldn't sell a mortgage.
He made up trades on 4hr charts,
the two-faced camp little sausage"

thank you.

Hello...."bigboy" here...I'm back.

Its taken a long time, but the Ombudsman has finally had is say and he is "ordering" IGIndex to pay me "significant" compensation(according to the FOS scale) for distress and inconvenience.

Just thought I would let you guys know...IG Index wouldn't.

Bigboy

Can you give us a brief overview of how this happened and what FOS has said about it? This will be useful for others in a similar position.

Shame on them for having you posts deleted. That is a strategy that never works out for them in the long term.

Ok...Briefly:
IGIndex sent me a letter in July 2009 asking for evidence of funds to maintain my credit limit.
The letter said that if I did not produce evidence of funds, in a given time, my account would be moved to a cleared funds basis.
I did not provide the evidence of funds. IG Index, however, did not move the account to a cleared funds basis. Instead, they suspended my account and they let open positions run and rolled them over before closing them over 1 month after the deadline in the letter.
When the deadline passed the positions were in the red by about £450. When IGIndex finally closed the bets they said I owed about £4500.
IG persued me through the bankruptcy court for the full amount of £4500.
Unfortunately, I had lost my copy of that July 2009 letter and IG repeatedly denied my account was suspended and withheld a copy of that letter until after the first hearing.
I eventually settled with them at around £3000.
In his final decsion the Ombudsman says:
"In my view, it would have been reasonable for Mr Bigboy to think, following receipt of IG's letter of 6 July 2009, that if he failed to provide the requested evidence in the given timescale IG would simply change the account to a cleared funds basis and that positions would be closed out."

Does that make sense so far?

Well, there you have the crux of it. IG denied me access to my account to argue that my account was suspended, IG said they were within their rights to rollover bets despite the account being suspended and the Ombudsman disagreed with them.
As there was an out of court settlement the ombudsman has not, as they put it, questioned a debt that one party has agreed to pay.

I now have to decide whether to accept the ombudsman decision or take IG to court. But, for what?

citing breach of contract and unscrupulousness and illegal activities sue for your 3k back + interest, foregone trading income likely to have been generated -as substantiated by your trading record/statement, quantum/ monetary value of time spent dealing with the case, damages and hardship resulting from your worrying about being bankrupted, the red socks running into your white load while you were reading one of their letters? something's gotta stick :S

I forgot to mention as I have now posted on this thread again IG will reinstruct their solicitors to recover the balance, that the Ombudsman has said they cannot have!
But I'll explain all that in another thread.