IGindex taking me to Bankruptcy

Just been reading through this thread, until I reached post 27. Black Swan, I really dont know who the F you think you are. Verbally attacking the op and calling him. Who the F are you exactly. Why dont you wind your useless neck in and keep your verbal insults to yourself. Theres always one twerp in a thread, and in this case, its you.

Just been reading through this thread, until I reached post 27. Black Swan, I really dont know who the F you think you are. Verbally attacking the op and calling him. Who the F are you exactly. Why dont you wind your useless neck in and keep your verbal insults to yourself. Theres always one twerp in a thread, and in this case, its you.
Black Swan is not around anymore, I think he was banned due to bad language. Anyway he did post a lot of good content as well during many years. I think it was wrong by the T2W moderator to expel him, as there were many involved in that incident of the argument in question. It is also a matter of fact, I think you should restrain for using this kind of bad language yourself.

just been reading through this thread, until i reached post 27. Black swan, i really dont know who the f you think you are. Verbally attacking the op and calling him. Who the f are you exactly. Why dont you wind your useless neck in and keep your verbal insults to yourself. Theres always one twerp in a thread, and in this case, its you.

yeah!

With all due respect, the issue here, in my opinion is more important than Black Swan etc. Namely, a spread betting company, IG Index in this case, persued a client with the threat of making him Bankrupt for a debt that the client was disputing. As it turns out, after the out of court settlement, the Ombudsman has said that the client was correct and, it appears, the debt should have been less than is allowable for bankruptcy proceedings(£750).
How many clients just pay up because they are too scared, embarrassed or lazy to fight? and how many bother to take things to the Ombudsman service?

With all due respect, the issue here, in my opinion is more important than Black Swan etc. Namely, a spread betting company, IG Index in this case, persued a client with the threat of making him Bankrupt for a debt that the client was disputing. As it turns out, after the out of court settlement, the Ombudsman has said that the client was correct and, it appears, the debt should have been less than is allowable for bankruptcy proceedings(£750).
How many clients just pay up because they are too scared, embarrassed or lazy to fight? and how many bother to take things to the Ombudsman service?

There's no doubt it was a disgrace and you're quite right that most people would have just given them the money. It just shows what a corrupt industry this is, I'm sure the others are no better.

What is the truth with a dispute thread like this we never know. What has actually been settled (or not), or if there is a case to start with at all is up to the reader to decide. Why, because no proof is presented what so ever in one direction or the other (please correct me if I am wrong). Although, a discussion about the case as it it presented can lead to interesting posts by various members.

What is the truth with a dispute thread like this we never know. What has actually been settled (or not), or if there is a case to start with at all is up to the reader to decide. Why, because no proof is presented what so ever in one direction or the other (please correct me if I am wrong). Although, a discussion about the case as it it presented can lead to interesting posts by various members.

The proof is in case number 84 of 2010 Truro County Court.
The proof is in the data I have from IG through my Subject Access Request under the data prtection act 1998. The emails between IG and the FOS, which I have. And I will found out if the Ombudsman's decision can be published.

The proof is in the data I have from IG through my Subject Access Request under the data prtection act 1998. The emails between IG and the FOS, which I have. And I will found out if the Ombudsman's decision can be published.
Please do if possible, it would be interesting to see such a document.

Hi mate.....I know it was a long time ago....if you have any info you can provide us regarding the case I hope it can help. Over 50 of us suffered massive slippage due to the way IG traded EURCHF on 15th jan. They spent around 10 mins manually aggregating positions in order to sell in bulk. As a result they missed all the liquidity that was available. They managed to exit EURCHF at one of the lowest prices on any broker.

Any guys with an inside man, or ex-inside man who can assist....please please ask them. We're happy to pay for the loss.....but should not be held responsible for the extra 2,600 point slippage due to their processes

Hi mate.....I know it was a long time ago....if you have any info you can provide us regarding the case I hope it can help. Over 50 of us suffered massive slippage due to the way IG traded EURCHF on 15th jan. They spent around 10 mins manually aggregating positions in order to sell in bulk. As a result they missed all the liquidity that was available. They managed to exit EURCHF at one of the lowest prices on any broker.

Any guys with an inside man, or ex-inside man who can assist....please please ask them. We're happy to pay for the loss.....but should not be held responsible for the extra 2,600 point slippage due to their processes

Hello there! Sorry to hear this news ..but glad to see this thread still lives. How can I help?

The 2nd two of your links don't seem to work.

His older posts don't seem to be bashing IG particularly. I don't see any convincing evidence that he's another firm's plant. Innocent until proved guilty, surely?

guy is a known scammer throughout London

Hallo folks,

Oh dear, the ever so friendly and good people of IG index are taking me to bankruptcy court. Have I got a chance?
I refused to pay them because I came to the conclusion that they did not act in accordance with their order execution policy. Rejected trades, delays, platform freezes, wrong information, fob offs etc. I decided that they had not acted to obtain the "best possible results for our clients". Its not a big amount and I wasn't trading large amounts (compared to what I have seen on this board!). I went through the process of the compliance department who would not let me see my account activity so that I could make my complaint in full. In the end they rejected my complaint sent me a Statutory Demand and are taking me to Bankruptcy court.
Anyone been to bankruptcy court with IGIndex and won?
Anyone know the terms and conditions inside out?
Have I got a chance or should I just pay them? That is the question???

Sorry to hear that.

If you think you've been treated unfairly, did you go to the FOS? If so, what did they think?

I would imagine their terms and conditions are pretty rock-solid (very big FTSE 250 company).

I posted that in 2010! In my opinion IG Index behaved unscrupulously. In the end the FOS offered me compensation but I told them to stuff it because their "judge" or whatever he was called got the reasoning wrong and did nut understand the issue.I believe that if I would have accepted the money I wouldn't be able to comment..so I'm grateful for that.
The best thing to do is to stop giving your money to these people. I.E. do not deal with them altogether.
Get into something else. Something healthy. Focus on yourself.
Since stopping dealing with these people myself, I have lost a lot of weight. I have gone from fat middle age to vibrant and athletic. It was the best lesson. Gambling is not part of a healthy lifestyle.

I posted that in 2010! In my opinion IG Index behaved unscrupulously. In the end the FOS offered me compensation but I told them to stuff it because their "judge" or whatever he was called got the reasoning wrong and did nut understand the issue.I believe that if I would have accepted the money I wouldn't be able to comment..so I'm grateful for that.
The best thing to do is to stop giving your money to these people. I.E. do not deal with them altogether.
Get into something else. Something healthy. Focus on yourself.
Since stopping dealing with these people myself, I have lost a lot of weight. I have gone from fat middle age to vibrant and athletic. It was the best lesson. Gambling is not part of a healthy lifestyle.

Great (y)