IGINDEX Spread betting

simy

17 0
Having recently opened any account with IG there seems to be some abnormalities with their software.

Although quoting live prices when I place an order they offered me 10 points less than was shown on screen??? No large movements at the time so it's not down to market forces. Is there a system where I can get automatically filled?

Today I can't get a quotes for Oct or Dec FTSE?

I called them to discuss these issues but they didn't seem very helpful. I was wondering what other traders experiance were with IG and is there a better company to trade with?

t2w
Simy

marketwatch

3 0
I have had dealings with IG and they have not been as helpful as I expected. I cannot recommend anyone but I can state that IG failed to call me back on two occasions after promising that they definately would!

ed crane

71 0
at some point s/b companies are going to be investigated to determine whether there is any sharp practice. although i do use one of the smaller companies i am very suspicious about sudden moves in prices so you should always set a limit price.

i only use this s/b company because i am trying to trade indices and since this is a new area for me i want to learn using relatively small amounts of money. once i have got my confidence and knowledge i will move to a proper futures broker.

hope this helps

ed crane

madasafish

470 5
s/b coys make their money from client losses.
Draw your own conclusions..

BUT, some indices (S&P) can move 1-2 points in 10 secs and back again. If you look at a real ime futures feed with all the trades you will see what I mean.
If you were a sb company setting a price at that time would be rather difficult...

Tray_Dar

24 0
Are you sure this wasn't the spread on top of the price they quoted you?

If you are new you probably have a 'controlled risk' account on which they charge a 10 point spread on top of their screened live prices (for dow and 6 point for ftse).

The 10 point spread plus the bias can sometimes get you a quote as far away as 20+ points from the actual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock