IG quietly closed all my positions...

Where have you gone Mr Brillo pad, i was so enjoying our little chat.....

Ummmm, has your account gone BANG already.............:p

Where have you gone Mr Brillo pad, i was so enjoying our little chat.....

Ummmm, has your account gone BANG already.............:p

That's pretty sad and yet quite revealing, that you felt like you had to come back 3 days later and try to pick a fight. Have I struck a nerve? Have I been living rent-free in your head? Are you having trouble sleeping at night? Ironically, you just proved my quote about envy getting in the way of peace of mind. You need to sit down and try to figure out why you think that some random person on the internet losing money would make you feel better about yourself.

I didn't want to ruin your fantasy, but now that you ask, I'd have to say that given that I place hundreds of trades a week on multiple instruments, each of which risks only a tiny percentage of my account, the chances of me blowing my account are smaller than you winning the lottery while getting struck by lightning.

I'm quite certain from your behaviour that you're the type of person who also makes revenge-trades in the market, and doesn't know when to cut his losses and give up.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/187606-ig-index-dealing-desk-delays-4.html

Thanks for your commendation peakoil

Although it can't be THAT unusual to quintuple your account. If you bet all your money on 3 successive 50/50 bets, you have a 1 in 8 chance of winning all 3 of them which would octuple your account. I'm sure plenty of people are crazy enough to have done that.

I didn't do any dirty tricks. To be honest a lot of it was due to getting lucky as for example I sold a lot of faraway options on the DOW which has been mostly flat for the last 6 months. A few times I nearly wiped out half my account. (I am aware that I have to change my strategy as this can't go on forever.)

Also the latency isn't intentional, it's because I have a boring job in the middle of nowhere and I put trades in through my mobile phone which gets terrible reception here so sometimes it's just slow or doesn't connect at all. In the long run I don't benefit from the latency, as I generally lose money because of it more often than not.

When you say that SB companies have closed accounts, when they close your account do they come up with an excuse to keep your money or do they let you withdraw?

EDIT: By the way, yes, I agree with you, overall it's been very smooth with IG. Even now, the dealer intervention doesn't happen all the time and it's only a few seconds when it does.. I'm just trying to find out what's going on.
Last edited by MrBrilliant; Jun 29, 2014 at 10:12am.

Your post chump, problem is, you haven't a clue.......keep up the good work....:LOL:

Like I said, I needed to change my strategy, and I did. It's much more versatile and the risk is managed.

You need to work on your issues mate, it's not healthy to obsess over another person this much.

It only took you four post to destroy your own credibility, why am i replying, i find it amusing, i can almost read your thoughts, eventually, it's just a matter of time before you contribute to my new car.

Anyway, have fun blowing up, off for lunch..........tick tick tick.........boom.....:sleep:

I'm just curious mate, as I recently bought a new car in cash from my trading winnings and it reminded me of this post... did you ever get that car?

No hate, just legitimately hoping we've both progressed in the last 4 years.

I'm just curious mate, as I recently bought a new car in cash from my trading winnings and it reminded me of this post... did you ever get that car?

thats brilliant(y)

hahaha !!!!

Never noticed this thread before today....the irony here is "brilliant".... you asked if you were living in Sonics head rent free for three days (great term of phrase by the way) in 2014........ then you come back 4 YEARS later......superb !

Who's been living in who's head rent free for all these years ?

Truly brilliant !

I think it's time to move to some other trusted brokers like IB or Нotforex..
Experiment with brokers I promise this experience will be quite rewarding in terms of better understanding where they get price feed, deliver execution etc

Here is the picture:

I'm coming on here making a contribution, sharing my experiences, and you think you're going to be a hero by putting me down. You are neither special nor unique; every message board in the world has a few dozen internet tough guys like yourself.

You come here offering nothing other than negativity. You reveal your insecurities and inner weaknesses; you think that coming on here telling people they're weak makes you a tough guy.

Your responses are highly illogical and emotional. In my experience people that go around telling others to quit an endeavor are usually the ones that have failed at it. If anything, I feel bad for you.

I made a 1000% return on my investment in roughly 6 months. Maybe trading isn't for me, but so far it's been working.
Hey buddy very nice to warn the people but my question is do you still use IG or other broker? No one talks about how the brokers operate when it comes to winning and withdrawing funds. I dont give a monkeys how much ill pay for a position or something as long as they dont manipulate the market and creating false spikes when you stop loss just rip you off. I spend hours of searching for the right broker but there is not a single one where the people say " Oh, this one is good with execution time and let me win " Its hard enough to make a system that works for you and you have to deal with scammers. I dont understand why FCA is not doing anything about it. Im interested only in trading CFD'S .

I think it's time to move to some other trusted brokers like IB or Нotforex..
Experiment with brokers I promise this experience will be quite rewarding in terms of better understanding where they get price feed, deliver execution etc
Which one you recommend ? Everyone keeps talking this one is bad that is bad why no one told me this one is good?! Im looking to open my first live account and probably would skip the whole idea of trading because of this scammers

Dude let me digest what you said 4 years ago and what you are saying now! 4 Years ago IG was bad broker now you are saying they are good when i read a lots of bad reviews about them. So where is the truth ?