IG lower spreads again

CS still has 3pt Dow though, I think. Never thought I'd be saying it, but Finspreads with 1pt spread seems to work really well.

That's good news. I wonder if they will apply cuts in other products though, I guess it will only take one of the companies to start the cut for them all to start copying. Long live competition!

Typical, telegraph register IGG buy around 3 days ago I think. (412p)

That email about spreads goes out, and now the investors are worrying about why they are lowering spreads if they're the market leader? Competition woes...according to FT backpage today anyways.(402p)

Coulda Shoulda Speculated on this - since the market was around 1 week late! Oh well till next time :).

CS still has 3pt Dow though, I think. Never thought I'd be saying it, but Finspreads with 1pt spread seems to work really well.

Why shouldn't it? I'm just trading it the way it was when it was 2 points. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Typical, telegraph register IGG buy around 3 days ago I think. (412p)

That email about spreads goes out, and now the investors are worrying about why they are lowering spreads if they're the market leader? Competition woes...according to FT backpage today anyways.(402p)

Coulda Shoulda Speculated on this - since the market was around 1 week late! Oh well till next time :).

Have you been shorting LCG?:)

The problem with the SB's and market makers, they don't know the meaning of consitency. They introduce a narrow spread on the Dow just for getting new clients onboard, after some time they increase the spread again. Dealingdesk (LCG) did the same thing, they had 2 point spread on Dow, then suddenly increased it to 3 point spread (probably after some pressure from LCG). If Cityindex means business in getting new clients, who are interested in the long run staying with the company, they should stick to the 1 point spread on the Dow for a considerably length of time.

Last edited:
The problem with the SB's and market makers, they don't know the meaning of consistency. They introduce a narrow spread on the Dow just for getting new clients on board, after some time they increase the spread again. Dealingdesk (LCG) did the same thing, they had 2 point spread on Dow, then suddenly increased it to 3 point spread (probably after some pressure from LCG). If Cityindex means business in getting new clients, who are interested in the long run staying with the company, they should stick to the 1 point spread on the Dow for a considerably length of time.

Or like Tradefair, have tight spreads but then go and double overnight rolling charges (even if it is "in line with the industry"). When it's more than a pip per night per position it starts getting noticeable especially over a long weekend! :)

I have and account with IG in Australia, they have lowered the spread on our local market, but we are still paying a 2 point spread on FTSE and DAX... would love to see the on point spread on FTSE, DAX and SPX.

I have and account with IG in Australia, they have lowered the spread on our local market, but we are still paying a 2 point spread on FTSE and DAX... would love to see the on point spread on FTSE, DAX and SPX.

Yeah Igmarkets still the same , only Igindex made the cut ...

Yeah Igmarkets still the same , only Igindex made the cut ...

Cheers tar, its the same company right? Is IG Index the Parent UK company and IG markets its Australian Subsidiary? Hopefully they incorporate the changes throughout all IG, might actually be worthwhile trading FTSE then

Cheers tar, its the same company right? Is IG Index the Parent UK company and IG markets its Australian Subsidiary? Hopefully they incorporate the changes throughout all IG, might actually be worthwhile trading FTSE then

yeah the same , IGmarkets for CFDs and IGindex is for spreadbetting , even IGmarkets.co.uk still quoting 2 points not only the Australian subsidiary .

Regards

Check out ProSpreads..they offer at worst on Ftse 1.5 tic spread then goes below 1 if you trade more than 200 lots.
Dax is low as well.

Check out ProSpreads..they offer at worst on Ftse 1.5 tic spread then goes below 1 if you trade more than 200 lots.
Dax is low as well.
No, CS won't get away that easy, LCG have to offer better spread on their SB operation.:)