IG lower spreads again

tar

Legendary member
I just noticed IG's ad on this forum it says Dow 2 points , Ftse and Dax 1 point , thats good !

Attachments

• ig.jpg
    ig.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 374
tar, I think I know why IG lowered their spreads, WS has stepped up their game as well as CS.

I think FXCM-SB is pushing them all, just MHO.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/26914-worldspreads-7.html#post1090544

IG dont look at WS and CS seriously check WS results 0.8 m pounds operating profit for 2009 ... i think IG wants to attract CMC's clients and Cityindex's as well , wheat 1 pt Corn 1 pt daily oil 4 pt , now spreads cut effects major indices , i think next time the cut will effect shares ....

I thought FXCM's spread for the dow is 4 pt

http://www.fxcm.co.uk/cfd-product-details.jsp

Attachments

• worldspreads.jpg
    worldspreads.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Good sign that there is no 'from' word in the advert.

lets hope its a full time spread cut not an occasional reduced spread like with EUR/USD and a few other fx pairs.

Good sign that there is no 'from' word in the advert.

lets hope its a full time spread cut not an occasional reduced spread like with EUR/USD and a few other fx pairs.

yeah i hate the "from"word , these spreads is in-hours spreads , currently dow in-hours means from 08:00 to 21:00 , FTSE and DAX untill 21:00 , hope they will not make it only up to 16:30 when the markets closes in Europe ( for ftse and dax ) ...

IG dont look at WS and CS seriously check WS results 0.8 m pounds operating profit for 2009 , IG make 3 or 4 times this number as a profit every bus day ! ... i think IG wants to attract CMC's clients and Cityindex's as well , wheat 1 pt Corn 1 pt daily oil 4 pt , now spreads cut effects major indices , i think next time the cut will effect shares ....

Yes FXCM spread on the Dow is 4, but i don't think that's going to be for long. The reason I mention FXCM is all the other SB Co's have really seamed to have stepped up since their arrival on the SB scene.

Your probably right with CMC's clients and Cityindex's & IG. BUT how are they making thous numbers?

From my limited experience with SpreadBetting and mainly using them as a test bed for new systems and real money, I find each SB outfit is good for testing different systems, thay all seam to have "issues" and would not want leave any large sums of cash on any of their tables. FXCM-UK is good for testing a daytrading Gold system I'm trying out, if that keeps up I'll put a small deposit in before moving over to my DMA futures outfit.

I have two Dow systems I've been looking to test with real money, that's were WS and 2 pts are going help.

I don't test at IG anymore because they don't have a demo platform to test out how things are going, (hopefully), to work with orders on the live platform.

For end of day, (my favorite), & FTSE350 shares theirs really only CS. (well DD) My experience with Fin's, (Cityindex), was not so good.

Never looked at CMC's platform.

Just a FYI, I've tried testing systems with CFD's and I personally have not had much luck developing the systems I want to use and I really have no idea why, its supposed to be the same thing.

Last edited:
IG dont look at WS and CS seriously check WS results 0.8 m pounds operating profit for 2009 , IG make 3 or 4 times this number as a profit every bus day ! ... i think IG wants to attract CMC's clients and Cityindex's as well , wheat 1 pt Corn 1 pt daily oil 4 pt , now spreads cut effects major indices , i think next time the cut will effect shares ....

I am sorry i mean IG makes 1 M pounds in revenue every bus day and millions in profits per week ...

LCG stand to lose a lot of punters if IG has matched the spreads offered by CS, DD and Tradefair, because it's pretty obvious who has the best platform. Maybe they'll hit back with a 1pt Dow, as Worldspreads gave originally. Meanwhile, it seems that FXCM will have to narrow their spreads to compete.

Thanks tar, your a gem, when I went looking for that IG demo I ended up with "L2 Dealer" very, very nice but not what I thought I singed up for, I'll give it another go.

Jack, you maybe right on with CS & WS the only up side is they have nice simple platforms I think. IG has the best all-round though.

Its going be really hard to keep these spreads going down for these companies, FXCM will have to match IMO or lose to the other SB, but for us traders 1pt across the board would be a dream eh?

This competition has really made SB allot better IMO, when one speaks to the support people these days they really make the effort, their attitude seems to be in-check even with my small accounts they give me the time. Also the mysterious platform lockups and disconnections are getting less & less.

Now watch the whole darn thing collapse on me next week :LOL:

IG has variable spreads on their cable and euro /usd pairs.

many times, on cable, the spread is 3 (rarely 2 )
also quotes are up to 5th decimal point, i.e 14954.3 while rest of s/b's quote as 14954

i prefer Capital's platform with fix 2 point spread in cable and 1 in euro.

IG has variable spreads on their cable and euro /usd pairs.

many times, on cable, the spread is 3 (rarely 2 )
also quotes are up to 5th decimal point, i.e 14954.3 while rest of s/b's quote as 14954

i prefer Capital's platform with fix 2 point spread in cable and 1 in euro.

I thought u r having problems with delayed fills with CS , any new ?

I don't see any quickness in a fill, (still taking long time to confirm).
I am happy with Worldspreads.

phil-
"The bit about 45,000 clients and only a few hundred on dealer acceptance doesn't really mean much, because anyone who is put on dealer acceptance will obviously soon go elsewhere and become an ex-client. How many of those do you have?"

I already withdrew half of my money from Capitals because of constant trade delay, even on £1/point. Why do they have to refer to the dealer? I thought they hedge their positions. After Capitals earlier "reply" I doubt it. I am happy with Worldspreads, so far.

LCG stand to lose a lot of punters if IG has matched the spreads offered by CS, DD and Tradefair, because it's pretty obvious who has the best platform. Maybe they'll hit back with a 1pt Dow, as Worldspreads gave originally. Meanwhile, it seems that FXCM will have to narrow their spreads to compete.

maybe zero spread like FXPULP !

tar- Have you recently logged -in to their new platform ? it is much better than previous one and user friendly. I also use Dealingdesk which is white label of LCG COMPANIES.

I am still using Worldspreads but at lesser extent as most of my trades NOW are in currencies. Worldspreads has a spread of 1 in euro and 2 in cable but after 16.00 it widens to 3, and they don't offer 24 hours trading.

edit- posted 9 months ago. since there are many changes .

I don't see any quickness in a fill, (still taking long time to confirm).
I am happy with Worldspreads.

Last edited: