IG Index

Only my second post here, I'm new to trading . I've been trying out a few brokers, taking MT4 for a spin and doing other research (and some testing on demo accounts).

Hoping this is the best thread in which to ask an IG related question.

I attach an image taken from my IG Index USD/CAN D1 chart a few minutes ago. The last two complete bars related to Nov 23rd and Nov 25th. My confusion is about why they are both in red considering the close on the second bar was higher than the close on the previous one. Is there something about IG that's different to other charts, something I'm missing?

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 159
Only my second post here, I'm new to trading . I've been trying out a few brokers, taking MT4 for a spin and doing other research (and some testing on demo accounts).

Hoping this is the best thread in which to ask an IG related question.

I attach an image taken from my IG Index USD/CAN D1 chart a few minutes ago. The last two complete bars related to Nov 23rd and Nov 25th. My confusion is about why they are both in red considering the close on the second bar was higher than the close on the previous one. Is there something about IG that's different to other charts, something I'm missing?

The bar is red if close < open.
Which appears the case in the chart you've posted.

Different Brokers can display different hours. If IG opens at 9pm GMT on Sunday, and the broker with MT4 opens at 10pm GMT, then you're going to get differences.

Shakone, I was just editing a post I made a few seconds ago when you replied.

Anyway, yes, I can see your point and accept that time differences could account for the bar differing from one broker to the next.

However, for the IG chart's second bar to be red it should have opened at the high on that second day. This would suggest the price gapped considerably between the two periods.

It didn't.

[Added: D70, I did consider that, but neutral third parties who may be aware of some IG vagaries/inconsistencies seemed a better source]

buckets shops don't pay out more than a 1:1 ratio - usually they pay 70% or 80% maybe 90% - meaning you lose $100 but only make $70 or $or 80 or maybe $90 when you win--- that alone should be a warning... they also use only calls or puts and don't have price ladders - often they don't let you close before expiration which adds to probability of losing - many of them pay 20% commission out immediately to whoever referred you meaning 20% of your money is gone right away..want to know if they do this ask them what you make by referring people - this should make you nervous

also you want a big company with lots of cash and that is regulated

you only get 1:1 and better as much as a $95 payout on a $5.00 risk that is a 1900% if you use binary price ladders

you can get access to these at Nadex if you are in the US and IGIndex if you are a non-us resident

nadex is regulated by the cftc
ig is regulated by LSE as they are publicly traded as part of the FTSE 250

ig has the short term ones
nadex has 2 hour, daily, and weekly binaries - but the 2 hours ones start and stop at a certain time so you can get in last hour half hour 10 min etc...
In Europe we at least have a choice trade with a market maker (CFDs and SB) or if we like DMA. Sorry to say, that in the US you don't have both these possibilities. Not to forget to mention other restriction in taxes and trading in the US for a retail client.