IG Index signal centre

ashsanders

Hi I'm new to this game so forgive me if this has already been posted. I've been looking at the idea of bet spreading for a while now I just cant seem to get started.
Not looking to make millions just thought it would be nice to make extra cash without doing the overtime at work.

Any way logged into IG index the other week and saw the signal centre that advises you on trades to make with specific markets etc. Had a quick go but made slight losses not big as it was only £1 per point and used there stops as a guide. I was just wondering if anyone used it to their advantage

Many thanks in advance

Hi I'm new to this game so forgive me if this has already been posted. I've been looking at the idea of bet spreading for a while now I just cant seem to get started.
Not looking to make millions just thought it would be nice to make extra cash without doing the overtime at work.

Any way logged into IG index the other week and saw the signal centre that advises you on trades to make with specific markets etc. Had a quick go but made slight losses not big as it was only £1 per point and used there stops as a guide. I was just wondering if anyone used it to their advantage

Many thanks in advance

Haven't used it so I'm not qualified to say. However, as you are "new to this game" I would be very careful using blanket recommendations without understanding / knowing exactly how they are derived and what they mean. My suggestion would be to develop your own understanding of the market and any signals that interest you. Then test your conclusions using pretend money. That should keep you well occupied for some time to come.

Hi thanks for the reply

Where do you go to get the information from on what is moving etc

Thanks

That's a pretty general question and without context it's not really possible to give a meaningful answer. E.g. I'm a swing trader and my basic analysis is done on EOD charts – so I look at what's been happening during the last trading session by means of charting. That will tell me what has moved in my trading horizon's recent past. Many people also employ indicators.

My situation is very different from a day trader who looks at prices in real time and much lower timeframes. (Mr. Charts's posts are good for understanding this and how he does scans for likely trades). However, regardless of mode or timeframe you need a data feed – you can get this from your broker or other independent sources. When you refer to "what is moving etc" perhaps you are asking about ways of finding what is (has?) going on – you can do this by means of a scan on available data (e.g. find all the instruments that have opened at a higher price than their previous close). Do remember though, that you are looking at history. Also, when looking at "what is going on" do remember that the markets for stocks open and close at various times whereas FX is 24 hours. Hope this helps.