IG Index 'All Sessions'

RonnieR

Does anyone routinely spreadbet trade IG Index 'All Sessions' equities out of market hours?

They are increasingly saying that there is very high demand for this service, which it is why it is the default option on an ever increasing number of stocks/ETFs. I want to be able opt out of that and choose if I want to trade out of hours but at the moment I'm not getting much joy from them.

Opted out used to be the default situation when you had to give them a call to trade out of hours, but now it is on their platform there is no option to choose and they keep saying that this is due to 'demand'. So I'd like to know if there is demand.

It seems to me that if you hold a position out of hours and beyond the normal pre/post market sessions this is a ploy to take you out by gyration of the price and spread while you are not looking. There is a use for the service, but not IMHO as the default condition.

Cheers

Paul

It seems to me that if you hold a position out of hours and beyond the normal pre/post market sessions this is a ploy to take you out by gyration of the price and spread while you are not looking. There is a use for the service, but not IMHO as the default condition.

Cheers

Paul

Same thought occurred to me. When I first saw this I did notice a ridiculously wide spread out of hours on an SP500 share I was interested in. As a swing trader this is not of help to me. Until have some idea of what is going on I will not be trading IG's out of hours SP500 shares - number of which are gradually increasing.