IG - 20 point spread on Brent Crude daily

Thanks for the advice. I just had a look at iflexspreads. This can't be true.
They say they do commission free CFD's, with what look like tight spreads.
I'm off to get a demo account now to see what's going on!

[AFTER DEMO...]
Looks like the cfds are pretty much spread betting. There aren't many instruments yet on the demo.
It's out of hours, so I can't really comment on the spreads.

Maybe I will give capital spreads a go sometime, seeing as they seem to be getting positive feedback
all of a sudden. I'm waiting to see if finspreads will give me an account at the moment though. They say
they do 50p per point - which is a good start for me.

It's no good me reading the Financial spread betting handbook - and doing the risk calculations, if the
SB forces me to go above the calculated limits because their minimums are too high.

jammyd

Last edited:
"I'm showing 10 points spread on Brent Crude in my IG and a mere 4 for US crude. I suggest you trade US, not Brent and make sure you have a standard account, not a limited risk account to get the best spreads." 10k loser

4 point spread on US crude is absolute ...!??? What are you talking about?

How on earth are you the only one who is consistently seeing 4 point spreads, when everyone else on a standard account is seeing IG's US crude spread moving typically from 8-15 pips every second of the day?
That being said, it's also a great shame that their spreads are nothing like 4 pips for the vast majority of the time that they quote. A great shame indeed...