IB's TWS without Tsim

jonnyy40

Experienced member
Tws Without Tsim

Any way of placing a stop 10 (or whatever) points away from a market order in TWS without TSIM? So that your stop is placed properly whether you press buy or sell? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks for starting this thread. My IB a/c has just started and today for the first time I was playing with Tsim. I hope more people will post their comments which will help newcomers.

Hi Jonnyy40

IB were said to be working on it as so many people wanted it, but it could take some time to come through.

May I ask why you don't want to use TSim?

Any way of placing a stop 10 (or whatever) points away from a market order in TWS without TSIM? So that your stop is placed properly whether you press buy or sell?

If you create a market order line in TWS, you can right click on it and select "Attach auto stop" which will, as it's label implies, attach a stop order which will be placed when your market order is filled. You can configure the default stop size, make it a trailing one too. The only difference with that and TSim is that the stop price in TWS will be relative to the bid or offer at the time you attach it, not to the actual fill.

H.

Oldun said:
Can Tsim be used for stocks or is it limited to futures?

Futures only. Might add stocks on a rainy day....if we ever get a rainy day!

H.