Ibfx

VingTsunKuen

Hi traders...

What is your experience whit Interbank FX.??
In some time i will open live account and as they are matching mine criteria i was wondering is anybody whit them on live account?
Thanx in advance for your reply!
Cheers,
VTK

Hi traders...

What is your experience whit Interbank FX.??
In some time i will open live account and as they are matching mine criteria i was wondering is anybody whit them on live account?
Thanx in advance for your reply!
Cheers,
VTK

Hi,
I've traded live with Interbank for 2 years now, both manually and with EA's. I get reliable executions except at news events. News traders should look elsewhere as IBFX has unusually large spreads and lag time during these periods.

Peter

All trading companies that use MetaTrader have similar policies.

dont worry about them, the problem with Interbank is that they dont have fix spreads for all there currency pairs/ but then again even with fixed spreads you get requotes....

To hell whit them!
I have checked @ NFA site...They have paid 100 000$ fine because of false claims in their advertising..(including one about "non-dealing desk")
So mine money will not go to such broker..I will stay away from them 100%
Cheers,
VTK

Almost all forex brokers are scammers. Try being a profitable scalper and many of them will throw you out, and MAYBE not return your money.... Anyway, just pick the best of the worst. It is a winnable game, just not easy!

Peter

fun with IBFX

Ving you should rethink going with another broker. There is so much enetertainment to be had with Interbank FX, you wouldnt believe it. A while back I gpt a funny memo from a friend that I forgot about till I saw your post. Feeling safe cuz I'm on somebody' else's computer, here it is. This will put a smile on your face. Enjoy!

Why I love my broker

Any situation at all is good for a 3 second delay on execution. Market turning times, data release periods, average moves, slow markets... just about any time at all. "Would you like a requote to go with the requote along with that requote, Sir?"

4 pips MINIMUM on GBP/USD. 40% of the time it's 4, 20% it's 5, and it goes to 6, 7, 8, even 13 pips and more -- at random (but opportune for the broker and liquidity providers) times.

Spikes! not just around announcements but during very quiet times as well.

Price shading (my favorite!) They hold 1-4 pips ahead of the market, very occasionally coming to true price in a motionless or turnaround area. And, when strong offers come in, they will spike high ask to take out stops but will hold the bid low; when strong bids are in, the opposite tactic is employed.

Throughout, there are occasional pauses between price move and bid/ask rate change. Yes, you guessed it: the pause works in the broker's favour.

The chart price, the Market Watch, Terminal and the execution box bid/ask have a... shall we say, "flexible" relationship.

The daily charts are useless for MA systems, since we have that Sunday mini-day to screw the averages. That's not uncommon among retails.

What is uncommon is that on Sunday they don't activate the feed until 5:30pm -- and then, they keep trading closed for another half hour. This gives them three hours to figure out how to hunt those pesky over-weekend stops; to shave the edges off; to adjust their own positions (OH but they CAN'T do that, can they?); in sum, to enlarge their profits and limit customer gains.

During that otherworldly half hour, spreads are astronomical and stops are ignored. The newest complementary wrinkle to the ignore-stops policy is that if your trade incurs a margin call due to stops being ignored, the margin call won't be ignored. Wowza, sign me up!

Now to the support staff. If an actual problem arises, it is stonewalled. These days they demand account title and number just to access the 'support' chat (you must aver you have NONE if you dislike this practice and have only a 'general' question, but best to use a proxy if you do).

Phrase things precisely. Be given a cut/paste of some script, then a canned lecture in fragmentary English. Rephrase the difficulty even more precisely. Be transferred. Be fobbed off. Receive the excited gush (from an English speaker this time) that a three-minute delayed execution works in your favour. (Three-MINUTE delay <- not a typo.) Be told to reinstall, and that they're checking on it meanwhile. Be told that their server's price didn't reach the price on your trade station, so you lose. Be told their server did reach a price your station didn't, so you lose. Be advised you should have refreshed the chart. Ask how often they recommend you refresh the charts while price evidently is ticking along just fine. Receive silence. Point out problems at all times of day & night. Be told that at all points you indicated, it was a 'fast market.' Ask when it is not a 'fast market.' Receive silence. Write a couple more extremely polite (as always) emails to round out the afternoon you spent, and get comfortable to wait for a reply... If it comes, it is an unrelated rattle-off of some official-sounding 'policy' on 'what they found.' Point out the obvious errors, ask for reconsideration, and get more comfortable because thereafter you'll hear nothing. Period. Ha Ha! Delightful!

To top it off, after disappearing their own forum some time ago, they made their custserve chat inaccessible for certain browser/firewall settings, and no one knew what those settings were, Ha Ha Ha!

Wonder if they even use their real names? IRS doesn't.... Remember that, unlike wealth perhaps, attitudes really DO develop along the 'trickle down' theory. One sees it everywhere in the world today: employees all seem to desire that black mask, auto weapon and Kevlar vest, replete with Big Man attitude. The predictive programming spewed from Hollywood for thirty years has been solidly effective in modifying human behaviour (as always).

I wouldn't go with interbank fx...
had an account with them a while ago, and it seemed the only thing they tried to do was going into every trade of mine.
Spreads kept on increasing, allot of reqoutes.
It isn't a broker I would suggest.

Yes try and stay away from those brokers that just requote you all the time. It's hard to know what to do when they are always changing spreads. It is too bad that they don't just keep them fixed so that we can actually know what is going on.

Yes try and stay away from those brokers that just requote you all the time. It's hard to know what to do when they are always changing spreads. It is too bad that they don't just keep them fixed so that we can actually know what is going on.

I can understand why sometimes they increase the spread(on news events) but just normally during the day it's a little bit strange..

Any broker who makes their money on the spread is going to maximise profits with tweaking the system. Can anyone tell me if this applies to those that work on commision such as Forex Club

Any broker who makes their money on the spread is going to maximise profits with tweaking the system. Can anyone tell me if this applies to those that work on commision such as Forex Club

During big news annoucements it's normal that the spreads rises a little bit.
But just through the day it isn't normal...
So then you'll have to watch out.

I can vouch for the price spike stop hunting. When I get one to an obvious stop location I check my Alpari demo account. More often than not, the spike is on IBFX only. I have also been requoted several times due to slow execution. Additionally, and I don't know if this is them or my set up, I can be upstairs and will lose the wireless signal with my IBFX MT4, but start up Alpari and its okay?????? So I do have issues with IBFX and may change. However, it seems in this bucket shop game its really a matter of finding the lesser of evils. I'd have gone with FXCM, but their spreads are huge. Alpari's funding process was too arduous. Have not looked into Onanda.

However, it seems in this bucket shop game its really a matter of finding the lesser of evils.

Well,they all are making the market for us,small retail traders.So it looks like that we must find lesser evil as jonnyonspot have said.
There are ECN and STP brokers but no one can give me 100% guarantee that they will pass mine pocket-change order on true interbank market.
Cheers,
VTK