IB data pacing violations too much aggro - recommend another data source for forex?

Adamus

Experienced member
I trade over IB using NinjaTrader and their data throttling restricting access to historical data is annoying me far too much, so I'm looking at signing up for a subscription to another data provider.

NinjaTrader suggest:

BarChart
IQFeed
eSignal

and googling shows that ZenFire is popular - but I'm not sure I can get it without changing brokers to Mirus Futures and I can't even tell from their website if they do forex.

Thanks for any useful tips.

Actually I've gone with IQFeed - just because they have a week free trial - a suciker for marketing eh?

IQFeed looks good and installed really easily but I honestly can't say I saw anything I didn't like on the BarChart or the eSignal website, apart from the fact that they don't tell you what you need to know so you have to phone up - same for IQFeed.

For historical data, IQFeed makes NinjaTrader work like greased lightning now. I can't believe I suffered IB's useless historical data feed for 2 weeks.

They provide 2 days of tick data history online during 9 - 5 US Eastern time, 30 days out-of-hours, 2 years of miinute data history, which is all perfectly adequate for my job.

IQFeed also offers 2 classes of live feed - there's the basic for $85 / month from Barclays, and the premium for $125 / month from Tenfore. I don't need the premium stuff since I'm trading off the IB live feed.

You can also check out www.kinetick.com which is only available for NinjaTrader 7. This is NinjaTrader' own branded market data service using TelventDTN (IQFeed) as a technology provider.

I saw Kinetick's debut but I can't handle another beta version. Has it gone on general release yet?

I saw Kinetick's debut but I can't handle another beta version. Has it gone on general release yet?

NinjaTrader 7 is not in production as of this post however, it is very close. Although it is beta, there are over 4,000 plus users actively using it daily.