IB ad:more IB customers make money

WellsWilder

You see this ad Interactive Brokers posts? The future of trading. Q$ 2012 results as per data provided by forexmagnates . Percentage of profitable as reported to the NFA. Lists eleven forex brokers, IB leading with 46% profitable accounts. They imply the difference between them and everyone else is that they don't markup spreads. But list spirals down to the11th only 22.7% profitable accounts.

What could likely be the factors making some brokers' accounts so much more miserable? What goes on out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
You see this ad Interactive Brokers posts? The future of trading. Q$ 2012 results as per data provided by forexmagnates . Percentage of profitable as reported to the NFA. Lists eleven forex brokers, IB leading with 46% profitable accounts. They imply the difference between them and everyone else is that they don't markup spreads. But list spirals down to the11th only 22.7% profitable accounts.

What could likely be the factors making some brokers' accounts so much more miserable? What goes on out there?

Id like to know what they mean by profitable accounts.They probably mean in the last year,but id bet 1/2 off them would lose the following year

Correct. Maybe a random quarter.

I have an a/c w/IB, but what caught my eye was a firm called Institutional Liquidity aka ILQ who I was contemplating using. They're the ones at the bottom at 22.7% success rate. Not a good result any way.

It's tricky to draw too many conclusions from data like this. It may be for example, that better/more experienced traders trade with Interactive Brokers. So is the result due to the broker or the traders or more likely a bit of both.

Another thing will be account minimums, i think its 10K USD with IB.
So a lot of smaller traders wont go there. And its smaller traders who tend to get wiped out the quickest when 100:1+ margin is on offer in FX.