I will make a £1000 before christmas, will you?

i operate mostly on non-auction (like craigslist etc) website at the moment but want to switch to ebay.

this thread is going off topic might i add

What you're doing is great? I don't understand why everyone defends trading so much. The one thing i would say is that you're limited to the number of iphones you can buy and sell at any one time. So your business isnt scalable currently unlike trading which is. More money can be made with an online business thats a fact, maybe we should try it but i prefer trading personally.

i operate mostly on non-auction (like craigslist etc) website at the moment but want to switch to ebay.

this thread is going off topic might i add

I like how when people realised your original claims are phony then point out that you flaked on a deal you decided to try the old deflection technique of "let's stay on topic" :LOL: Perhaps you should tell us why you claimed to be selling phones on ebay making 20% when you have no feedback from this year and why you got a negative feedback on a deal which you pulled out of?

Besides...what was the topic? What's my thoughts? Go for it....pay ebay your extortionate fees, try and make a few quid here and there hoping someone doesn't rip you off or make a pay pal claim and screw you over claiming they didn't receive the goods. It's not for me, I can tell you that much...

What you're doing is great? I don't understand why everyone defends trading so much. The one thing i would say is that you're limited to the number of iphones you can buy and sell at any one time. So your business isnt scalable currently unlike trading which is. More money can be made with an online business thats a fact, maybe we should try it but i prefer trading personally.

To be honest, i do not think that the point here is to deffend trading or comparing trading against an internet auction sale. I guess some members are getting out of focus in this sense.
grn does not have to explain anything to anybody, he knows his bussiness he was asking for a tip and i guess he got it.
What a lot of people here has been trying to focus is the fact that basically any economic activity (trading, auction sales and so forth) is involved in certain degree of risk.
If today you made 40 euros, it was good, just consider that profit is measured after direct and indirect cost´s, so you really did not made 40 euros today, you made 40 euros minus the related costs of sale that phone, yo9u can call it anyway, a cost is a cost.
You´re doing great, keepthis way.

I like how when people realised your original claims are phony then point out that you flaked on a deal you decided to try the old deflection technique of "let's stay on topic" :LOL: Perhaps you should tell us why you claimed to be selling phones on ebay making 20% when you have no feedback from this year and why you got a negative feedback on a deal which you pulled out of?

Besides...what was the topic? What's my thoughts? Go for it....pay ebay your extortionate fees, try and make a few quid here and there hoping someone doesn't rip you off or make a pay pal claim and screw you over claiming they didn't receive the goods. It's not for me, I can tell you that much...

With all due respect, why you get so exited?. lets say he is lying. he can fool anyone, but not himself. A lier can choose to live from illusions or facts, let him decide what he needs to live

I don't give a **** frankly. There's far smarter things to do on ebay. As arabian would say "it's for the lulz." He did kinda bring it upon himself though tbh.

I don't give a **** frankly. There's far smarter things to do on ebay. As arabian would say "it's for the lulz." He did kinda bring it upon himself though tbh.

I understand, but....., it is still being his problem not your´s. Besides, he is a college student, he doesnt have your experience.

In case anyone doesn't get my point, it is this:

Would you not be better off taking the capital you have, say £1000, and set up a online business or something, which can generate as much profit but with less risk.

??

Silly question for an economics major? same profit but one has lower risk that means one has a higher expected value thus will give you more utils (lol utils was my econ teacher's word for units of utility...)

I encourage you to try trading, i'm an economics and accounting major too...

It's fun as a hobby and if you fail hard at it you can always be a greedy capitalist :clap:

how much profit have you made this week from trading sir?

Come on mate, you know those are trifles.
When you ask anything here you will get good and bad posts.
Our goal here is to help people like you to become succesfull at what you try to do.
Regretfuly a lot of people doesnt know how to express their taughts and their posts become uncomfortable.
it is a pity but it happens. As anything else in this life, from each thing (opinions in this case) take the part that is useful and drop the rest.
Some members have expressed very interesting points, take those:sneaky: and forget the rest.

is there anyway to verify anything posted online lol? oh wait yes, the ad:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170735859438?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This gives no proof of how much you paid to buy it first, for all we know you could have paid 260 euros and made a loss of 10 euros on the sale. Not that this really matters but if when your buyer gets it they have a problem then I can tell you that you will lose a lot of money sorting it out. It is this plus the high costs levied by eBay on sellers that makes this non viable for this type of business venture on a long term basis in my view.

Paul

This gives no proof of how much you paid to buy it first, for all we know you could have paid 260 euros and made a loss of 10 euros on the sale. Not that this really matters but if when your buyer gets it they have a problem then I can tell you that you will lose a lot of money sorting it out. It is this plus the high costs levied by eBay on sellers that makes this non viable for this type of business venture on a long term basis in my view.

Paul

I don't think we need proof. It really doesn't matter. I believe you can make money buying for cheap and selling it for a higher price, but there's a lot of effort and risks involved. Anyone can make money online, but not everyone has the patience to do it. Personally if you only have 1k to trade with, you are better off buying iphones and selling them for a small profit. If you have 100k then maybe trading is better. It's arguable though.

I don't think we need proof. It really doesn't matter. I believe you can make money buying for cheap and selling it for a higher price, but there's a lot of effort and risks involved. Anyone can make money online, but not everyone has the patience to do it. Personally if you only have 1k to trade with, you are better off buying iphones and selling them for a small profit. If you have 100k then maybe trading is better. It's arguable though.

I agree. I just come back from long business trip and gonna to try earn some till Christmas, however i planned to invest about eur 1-2K i don't have 100K yet :)

It is the last day of November. December starts tomorrow.

I shudder to think what would happen if I earnt $1000 by Christmas.

I am pretty sure that Mrs Toast would be out with a charity box if things got that bad for us.

Did the OP miss off a zero or two or does he just have
- no house
- no dependents
- no school fees
- no car
- free food

I would wager, Mr $1000 is living at home with mom & dad with zero out goings 'cause from where I'm sitting, that's barely going to cover my Xmas bar bill.

I am pretty sure that Mrs Toast would be out with a charity box if things got that bad for us.

- no house
- no dependents
- no school fees
- no car
- free food

I would wager, Mr $1000 is living at home with mom & dad with zero out goings 'cause from where I'm sitting, that's barely going to cover my Xmas bar bill.

accurate

- no house
- no dependents
- no school fees
- no car
- free food

Not really relevant. He only has 1k to make money with, so unless he's homeless then he's definitely living at home with his parents. The point i think he's making is that if you have a limited amount of money aren't you better off buying and selling iphones on ebay, and he's right. However trading is easy accessible and we're not investing our whole life's savings in trading when we first start. Anyone who has a 1k to a million thread is just stupid. They should do 1k-25k investing in some online business, then a 25k to 1 million thread.