I want to be an airline pilot and trader?

russianking

Both are my passion. Ever since i was 3 i wanted to be an airline pilot ever since i was 14 i wanted to trade im 20 now. Aviation is an uncertain career just liek trading. however, i can prepare myself for both. I am as of right now a freshman in college pursuing a degree in finance. Im working part time at mcdonalds and using that money to finance flight training. I was trading for a few years but recently stopped so i can pay to fly and work towards my ratings. In 4 years i will finish my degree and head off to ATP a flight academy to finish my training. At the end of it all i will owe money. So since airline pilots make almost nothing when they start out i was thinking hey ill work in finance perhaps as a trader? Would my lack of actual money involved in the markets for the next few years really impact me? im a good trader and know a good bit about it. if trading dosent work out maybe i can go into consulting? but not investment banking NO WAY. i do no want to work in an office 7am to 7pm everyday.. i love being outdoors and traveling maybe thats why i want to become an airline pilot soo much not to mention i love flying airplanes. comments/advice/anything please? and of yeah as for figures.
2 years community college(paid by parents)- 6000
2 years in state tuition( approx 30K)
2 years flight training at local airport( 10K approx)
ATP finish ratings(30=40K_)
after i finish my ratings at ATP i can instruct there to build hours.

You're less likely to crash and burn as a pilot. :D

How do you know you're a good trader? What have you done so far? (Buying stocks in March 2009 and holding them doesn't a good trader make.)

trust me ive been learning obsessivly about trading for 5 almost 6 years now at one point i had real money in it and always atleast had a virtual account i can trade.. but honestly im torn not really sure how i should go about this.. aviation or trading both things i love

Can you make money with a real account? That's the only way to prove you can do it. No amount of study or being able to build demo accounts matters one bit if you just lose money whenever you take a live trade.

It is possible to trade and study but really you need 100% dedication; you could position trade and trade based on longer-term moves, though, so you can trade and fly. I would advise aviation as your main career as you're more likely to make a living in the long run.

Trading is only good if you want to make lots of money.

I find it boring and repetitive.

Everything I Know About Trading, I Learned in Flight School.

Takeoffs are optional, landings are required.

There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots.

There are two kinds of retractable gear pilots; those who have landed with the gear up and those that will.

A "good" landing is one which you can walk away from. A great landing is one which lets you use the airplane another time.

Remember, you're always a student in an airplane.

Keep looking around; there's always something you've missed.

You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:
"Why is it doing that?"
"Where are we?"
"Oh Sh1t!"

uhh well flying is funner... i know if i get rich on wall street ill be able to fly my own planes but if it never happens then what suicide? lol in all seriousness flying is my main passion. trading is a new found passion.. the other day i did mushrooms and now im questioning myself and my future.. my inner thoughts came out instead of my materialistc desires.. plus i can always trade on my own and if i fail o well ill still be a pilot unfortuantly if i choose wall street first then fail then what..ill be broke as a joke.. AVIATION IT IS.... AVIATION IS my destiny who knows maybe ill meet the lady of my dreams in a plane... doubt id want to marry some wall street whore. lol no offense but if a girl is workin on wall street shes not very feminine like most women hate risk..

i'll make the decision a little easier for you.........

Attachments

• hooters_air_2.jpg
    hooters_air_2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 4,738
  • tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,012
Everything I Know About Trading, I Learned in Flight School.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:
"Why is it doing that?"
"Where are we?"
"Oh Sh1t!"

And the three most useless things to an aviator are:
1. Runway behind you
2. Fuel in the bowser
3. Height above you.

rk, as SND pointed out there are risks associated with flying and trading both.

I have a better idea for you. You should grow shrooms. You'll get richer than any stinkin' trader and, if you take enough of your product, you'll be able to fly every day like a pilot. The best of both worlds and you already have experience. What's not to like?

lol no offense but if a girl is workin on wall street shes not very feminine like most women hate risk..

Sigh, stereotypes again.

I was in a trading room this morning and a guy posted a picture of this girlfriend (who was gorgeous) and the guys response was "for the size you are trading you could do a lot better".
I have known a few pilots and a few traders. You do not want me to rate their masculinity.

Sigh, stereotypes again.

I was in a trading room this morning and a guy posted a picture of this girlfriend (who was gorgeous) and the guys response was "for the size you are trading you could do a lot better".
I have known a few pilots and a few traders. You do not want me to rate their masculinity.
Wait, ej... Pls tell us! Are all pilots mushroom-snorting macho types, you sayin'? And all traders girly men? Or is it the other way round?

hahaha MG
I don't intend to offend anyone with stereotypical comments
Oh, come on, ej! Puh-leeze don't leave me hanging with all this PC blx. Can't you pls just tell us? Pleeze, pretty pleeze.... Do it for science and the shroom-muncher who started this thread?

There are two kinds of retractable gear pilots; those who have landed with the gear up and those that will.

LOL

Have you ever done that Howard, or been in a plane when someone has? Sounds like quite a funny story (not for me though, I'm scared enough of flying as it is).

LOL

Have you ever done that Howard, or been in a plane when someone has? Sounds like quite a funny story (not for me though, I'm scared enough of flying as it is).

You know you have landed with your gear up when it takes full power to taxi. ;)