I need help Please!

SoberCanadian

Hello Everyone

I am having a problem with my ordersend() function, and I hope someone will help me.

I have developed my own expert advisor with my own strategy. What actually happened, during the fast price movement my expert advisor does not place an order, but in case of slow movement it works very well and place an order. For example, I want to place a buy order 20 pips away from the current price which is 1.2300 including spread, and order must be placed at 1.2300. After that, the price moved little bit fast because of news release, and in fraction of seconds the price went 60 pips away, which was 1.2240 and order, should have placed at 1.2300, but it did not. I was sitting in front of the computer, and was watching the price movement very carefully. I knew that when the price will come to 1.2300 the order will place but for whatever the reason, the order was not placed and the price value went little bit far away. As a matter of fact, I saw when the price went back to 1.2300 after a while, which I knew; at that time it placed an order. I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

SoberCanadian

Simple solution: Don't trade during news releases. If I am reading your post correctly you don't understand how it works. PLEASE, for your own good, take some time to understand what happens during major news releases like NFP.

It appears the price blew right through your order price faster than your ea could execute it live. You should have your ea place pending orders BEFORE the news release...you'll still get chewed up and spit out by the fast moving prices and insane volitility but your order will execute at a market price most likely far from the price you wanted. (See above paragraph.)

Tip of the day: Most likely your strategy will work perfectly on a demo account. If thats true, and it doesn't work on a live account then do not use demo accounts to test. Use a live micro account instead.

Good luck to you,

Peter

Agree Wacky Pete, prob the ea is executing market orders, and price moving to fast.. hopefully your computer is up to date and your internet connection is fast enough, every millisecond counts.. having your ea use limit orders instead of market orders could help alleviate this problem.

Hi Peter

I am really very thankful to you regarding quick response. I was away from computer, and just got your message. I hope it will work.

Have a great day.

SoberCanadian.

Hello Wacky

I am really very thankful to you regarding your quick response. I was away from the computer, and just got your message. I think your diagnosis is absolutely correct my computer is not very fast enough, and that is why it does not place an order. I will upgrade my computer.

Have a great day.

SoberCanadian.

From the point of view of the actual process, it sounds possible that the order programme executes when a trade is made exactly at the price quoted in your order. If price gaps across it and trades below, then above but there are no actual trades excecuted in the market at your chosen level, the oprder programme sees that your order level has not been traded at and does nothing.

Is it possible to revise your ordering such that the programme executes through your platform at the first trade ABOVE or BELOW a set level?

Hello Wacky

I am really very thankful to you regarding your quick response. I was away from the computer, and just got your message. I think your diagnosis is absolutely correct my computer is not very fast enough, and that is why it does not place an order. I will upgrade my computer.

Have a great day.

SoberCanadian.

it's probably the broker's server, being overloaded with data+orders. I bet your computer is fine.

SoberCanadian

umm...I never said anything about upgrading your computer. Obviously you paid very little attention to my post.

err...good luck.

Peter

If I read correctly, the EA is placing orders at current price rather than orders away from the current price. This is probably why. Your EA is not getting filled due to delays. You need some way to report back that it's failing to get filled to confirm, though.