I need a reliable forex broker

dannythebug

Please,
I am new to forex,just concluded training and have been demo trading for a while,can anyone recommend a reliable broker for me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
cheers.

Please,
I am new to forex,just concluded training and have been demo trading for a while,can anyone recommend a reliable broker for me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
cheers.

there are allot of reliable brokers out there.
what you should consider and pay more attention is the trading platform.
In my experience MetaTrader 4 seems to work fine :)
you can get all this from brokers like alpari, odl securities, etc.

Are any of the brokers who support metatrader ECNs or are they all bucketshops?

Personally I'd go with IB and Sierra Chart or IB and Tradestation 2000i (or the russian copy) if you want to get into systems programming. Purely because I think bucketshops are bad for your financial health.

I do note lsbf's post showing that this may not always be true in http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-brokers/35352-metatrader-4-platform-2.html#post485122

I am not sure, but even with ecn's there can be price manipulation by the dealers/traders of the company.

They have the ability to narrow/widen the spread and also delay the feed!
What you really need is someone who will understand you, who can be friendly and provide you with funds settlement's when the market gaps for instance!
Also market understanding and know what they are doing!

The one's that use Metatrader 4 will provide you a good trading platform for sure, since they outsource it.

Brokers that are friendly is another issue? is very debatable

Again I would try the brokers that I mentioned above

:)

Dont mean to throw a spanner in the works but have you read this over on FF.

Seems most bucket shops are out to get as many as they can.

MT4 Brokers' Virtual Dealer Plug-In

there are allot of reliable brokers out there.
what you should consider and pay more attention is the trading platform.
In my experience MetaTrader 4 seems to work fine :)
you can get all this from brokers like alpari, odl securities, etc.

I have a real account with alpari metatrader and I spent a while comparing them with the ECN EFX and I never once saw a discrepancy nor problem. Delays happened with both brokers and prices always matched near enough across both and netdania.

This is great for newbies to have someone to blame but its all ******** IMO.

I have a real account with alpari metatrader and I spent a while comparing them with the ECN EFX and I never once saw a discrepancy nor problem. Delays happened with both brokers and prices always matched near enough across both and netdania.

This is great for newbies to have someone to blame but its all ******** IMO.

I have, I put alpari up against a well known spreadbetting site and noticed first of all the discrepancies how alpari is often a few pips out due to the nature of them quoting in whole figures. But even worse was the way it froze over events which I began to notice more and more often and it even did so as recently as friday. Making trading impossible for minutes at a time which just isn't acceptable for the method of trading I was using.

I have, I put alpari up against a well known spreadbetting site and noticed first of all the discrepancies how alpari is often a few pips out due to the nature of them quoting in whole figures. But even worse was the way it froze over events which I began to notice more and more often and it even did so as recently as friday. Making trading impossible for minutes at a time which just isn't acceptable for the method of trading I was using.

Really? I have never seen anything similar and had more issues with an ECN than I do with Alpari.

Just goes to show none are perfect really.

Haven’t seen in FF, I am talking from experience as well.

Don’t forget I am a trader as well LoL

But spot on, delays exist in metaTrader:)... to avoid scalpers, people taking advantage of price feeds, etc. Also if the trader cannot hedge in the other site he will always re-quote, or otherwise trade the book.