I need a recommendation about economics books

WolInSauna

Hello everyone. I'm wondering maybe any one could recommend me any economics books that would help me better understand global economics? I'm interested in trading, but at first I want to get better understanding what's going on :) I mean how can I trade if I can't understand half of economic calendar. It can be one or even 10 books, but I want to go from basic to advanced. Thanks!

Recommendedby macro man/team macro man
International Economics: Theory and Policy (Krugman, Obstfeld)
Haven't got around to it yet. Too busy.

Can't remember who said this one
Exchange rate targets and currency bands (Krugman, Miller)
Really helped me understand what he SNB are up to and why the barrier has held... or at least I think it has.

Don't ask me any questions... better to remain silent and be thought a fool lol

Hello everyone. I'm wondering maybe any one could recommend me any economics books that would help me better understand global economics? I'm interested in trading, but at first I want to get better understanding what's going on :) I mean how can I trade if I can't understand half of economic calendar. It can be one or even 10 books, but I want to go from basic to advanced. Thanks!

Some food for thought for you in your journey - good luck in your journey(y)

Amazon.com: Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in the Markets and in Life (9781587990717): Nassim Nicholas Taleb: Books

Book Description
Publication Date: October 2001
This is a book about luck. More specifically, it is a book about how we perceive luck, twist it around and regard it as intention or purpose. What better setting than the world of trading to investigate the subject? How often has the brilliant trader, who seems to the outside world to have been granted the gift of second sight in the implementation of his strategies, been suddenly wiped out by an unexpected shift in the markets? The book may have its roots firmly in the financial arena, but it also incorporates and explains the effects and repercussions of randomness in many varied fields - ranging from philosophy to literature and science - to create an insight into how randomness cannot be conquered, but can be embraced.

Last edited:
"Economics Explained" by Robert Heilbroner and Lester Thurow is one to start with. You can go on to the difficult ones afterwards. It is a classic and is updated periodically. Mine is 1998 so make sure that you get the latest.

Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. Although a few hundred years old it has the same principles today.

Hey there,
I recommend you to take a look at this one, it is not specifically about economics but there is a lot of useful information. Anyone who wants to get involved in investment must have read this:

Amazon.com: Investments (9780072934144): Zvi Bodie, Alex Kane, Alan Marcus: Books - Bodie-Kane-Marcus- Investments

Essentials of economics:Essentials of Economics: Amazon.co.uk: Paul R. Krugman, Robin Wells, Martha L. Olney: Books

Macroeconomics:Macroeconomics: Amazon.co.uk: Stephen D. D. Williamson: Books

Good Luck!

John M. Keynes, George Soros (especially The Alchemy of Finance), D.Akerloff: Animal Spirits

Last edited: