I Made £620,000+ Spread Betting The DAX 30

Attachments

• group hug.jpg
    group hug.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 310
Didn't the thread though in some responses just show the sense of hope over fear that can and does afflict trading, ie there were posts that were expressing an eager willingness to go along with it (barring those that were obviously just enjoying the lulz ?) And this is the problem for many traders- they hope that a holy grail exists and that some how they will come across it - and maybe it does - but the far greater probability still remains that these occurrences are very highly improbable.

G/L

Didn't the thread though in some responses just show the sense of hope over fear that can and does afflict trading, ie there were posts that were expressing an eager willingness to go along with it (barring those that were obviously just enjoying the lulz ?) And this is the problem for many traders- they hope that a holy grail exists and that some how they will come across it - and maybe it does - but the far greater probability still remains that these occurrences are very highly improbable.

G/L

Completely agree.
I'd even go so far as to say that the only real grail is risk control,
money management, position sizing, compounding and discipline.
The rest of it is largely BS and window dressing.

No one wants to hear that unless they've already made themselves
aware of it, usually in a manner involving some degree of financial pain :LOL:

G/L

yes, in pure gambling odds he was looking for a 500/1 return on his money, and i don't doubt that if 1000 or 2000, 10,000 people tried it that aggressively one at least might do it, but to actually do it on cue exactly when you say you will that is hard and very unlikely.

I guess what i am trying to say is that someone may have already done something similar, law of averages state that it more than likely has happened but that in itself could have been a random event based on nothing other than statistical probability, and to actually do it exactly when you say you will a different case altogether.

Even sometimes a true statement does not show the whole picture if this is the case? mmm........

yes, in pure gambling odds he was looking for a 500/1 return on his money, and i don't doubt that if 1000 or 2000, 10,000 people tried it that aggressively one at least might do it, but to actually do it on cue exactly when you say you will that is hard and very unlikely.

I guess what i am trying to say is that someone may have already done something similar, law of averages state that it more than likely has happened but that in itself could have been a random event based on nothing other than statistical probability, and to actually do it exactly when you say you will a different case altogether.

Even sometimes a true statement does not show the whole picture if this is the case? mmm........

No he was looking to scam people for some dodgy Skype trading room or some other crap. He has no interest in trading.

No he was looking to scam people for some dodgy Skype trading room or some other crap. He has no interest in trading.

Yes absolutely, sorry should have mentioned that, pure scam, was just talking hypothetically if u were trying to achieve it.

G/L

The problem with a thread like that is that 40 pages of guff is to much for me to swallow. It is not that I was willing to go along with it, it was that I did not have the patience to find what I had to go along with. I am old enough to have seen most of all of it, by now, anyway.

You folk that did enjoy the hunt, congratulations, I am willing to leave it to you from now on! (y) You did a great job.

G/L

It's probably not a lot different to what the politicians do -- make ridiculous promises to the gullible who are then somewhat surprised when it doesn't work out! If there is a holy grail we would know about it by now --except of course, for those black boxes smuggled out of Nazi Germany.

The thread under this title has been deleted and the op banned. This is as a result of some continued detective work by admin (Trader333) which established the probable identity of the op which supported the suspicions of our erstwhile top detective Lightning McQeen :)

Good stuff.

Next time, why not just cut such threads after post 1?

You didn't need much more evidence than the "Turn $100 into $50k in 3 months" claim to know what was up, right?

Anyway, can you send me his email address, I sent him $100 of my cash and I now have to tell the wife she can't have that Mini Cooper in March.

G/L

Yup - a bit like checking every rainbow because this one just might have a pot of gold at the end of it.

bit disappointed you all didnt let him attempt to live trade that would have been entertaining

he, or someone like him, will be back........it goes on and on and on

There's hope for 2-day 40 page threads, then ? I'm glad that the literary aspect of this site is not being held back by mundane traders.

...and in his latest incarnation $$$DOLLAR$$$ bites the dust too :)

...and in his latest incarnation $$$DOLLAR$$$ bites the dust too :)

So his threats of money talks and finding all you mods no matter where you are hiding had no effect ?

But I have a feeling the story isn't over. The deposit £100 project hasn't really ran its course and it will come again in a slightly different guise.