i got flu

Me too!
Went down with it on Xmas eve and I'm still feelin' rough as rats. On the plus side, I've not put on any weight this year and I've saved myself a small fortune in booze. 1 glass of wine and 2 Whisky Macs is my total consumption in the last 7 days!

Get well soon to anyone else with this bug and best wishes for a happy - and healthy - 2011!
(y)
Tim.

Me too!
Went down with it on Xmas eve and I'm still feelin' rough as rats. On the plus side, I've not put on any weight this year and I've saved myself a small fortune in booze. 1 glass of wine and 2 Whisky Macs is my total consumption in the last 7 days!

Get well soon to anyone else with this bug and best wishes for a happy - and healthy - 2011!
(y)
Tim.

Didn't you get your dig?

I got two calls from the SS for mine, decided to go and was, then, persuaded to have one for pneumonia. Then she said "This is the prevention unit, come back in another month for tetanus and, BTW, you have dry skin, that's a source of infection so you have to rub skin ointment into arms and legs.....:cry:

so how many cases of flu have been reported in your part of the world then split? i googled and only found headlines from 2009. i'm guessing from that you don't have any confirmed cases yet? what's the news mate.

so how many cases of flu have been reported in your part of the world then split? i googled and only found headlines from 2009. i'm guessing from that you don't have any confirmed cases yet? what's the news mate.

No, there does not seem to be anything around here. No-one we know, anyway. I mentioned to my doctor that he seemed pretty quiet- we go by appointment and the waiting room was empty. He said that his worst month was, usually, February for colds and flu.

Been Googling, too. 70.2 cases per 100,000. Don't know how bad that is but they say that it is increasing.

Last edited:
It's when all three outputs want servicing at the same time that you face a real dilemma. Which to stick in the toilet and which to leave for clean-up. For me, it's into the shower, then hose me down and then the shower.

Lovely thought, that!

guh i slept 10 hours day after a 9 hour sleep, ive only had it one day ffs and its so sore to walk about

Didn't you get your dig?

Hi Split',
If by 'dig' you mean a flu jab, I've never had a single vaccination for anything in my life, which is why I have a great immune system that (normally!) does a first class job in fighting off these bugs. For the first time in years, I'm struggling to shift this one though. I'll win, eventually!
:cheesy:
Tim.

Hi Split',
If by 'dig' you mean a flu jab, I've never had a single vaccination for anything in my life, which is why I have a great immune system that (normally!) does a first class job in fighting off these bugs. For the first time in years, I'm struggling to shift this one though. I'll win, eventually!
Tim.

Tim,

No, you'll lose eventually :) but let's hope "eventually" is many, many years away.

Happy New Year

jon

Just for info.

My sister (sister) works at the intensive care unit in Manchester.
She informs me that there have been 10 deaths since the beginning of Dec, possibly more now. Flu being the cause. These deaths are unusual in the fact that the victims have been pregnant women and also the age group 25 to 50. So normally healthy people then.

Just for info.

My sister (sister) works at the intensive care unit in Manchester.
She informs me that there have been 10 deaths since the beginning of Dec, possibly more now. Flu being the cause. These deaths are unusual in the fact that the victims have been pregnant women and also the age group 25 to 50. So normally healthy people then.

The BBC said that the elder folk seem to have been immunised by previous flu outbreaks. Pregnant women and asthmatics seems to be most at risk.

Hi Split',
Tim.

Hi timsk

I'm not having a pop at you or anything but I am curious about one thing though.

How would you counter the argument that it is the civic responsibility of every citizen to get vaccinated against infectious diseases?

dd

Hi timsk

I'm not having a pop at you or anything but I am curious about one thing though.

How would you counter the argument that it is the civic responsibility of every citizen to get vaccinated against infectious diseases?

dd

Hi dd,
It's okay - you can have a pop! My wife does, she used the same argument for the past 20 years!

Joking aside, my mother was a homoeopath, so I had an equivalent remedy. Very unusual in the 60s & 70s when I was growing up. It all comes down to personal belief. The person who is fully signed up to conventional allopathic medical thinking will conclude that my parents were irresponsible nutters. Those who believe in such weird and wonderful things as homoeopathy will take a different view.

My personal view tends to be half way house. Without doubt, IMO, the average (medically) drugged up person has a fairly weak immune system compared to someone like me. However, vaccines against things like Polio have proved their worth. I remember dropping a half eaten apple on some freshly dug ground in the garden as a boy and my dad picked it up and flicked off the excess manure and gave it back to me to continue eating - which I did! Someone witnessing a parent doing that these days would call social services and that's wrong, IMO. My body's riddled with bugs; most of them are friendly!

Still, you could have the last laugh and Jon's prediction could turn out to be true sooner than I hoped if I can't shift this pain in the @rse utterly debilitating cough! I've strained a stomach muscle I've been coughing so much - it's beginning to get me down.
:mad:
Tim.

100% compliance is not required for maximum benefit to society.

So that argument falls on deaf ears with me.

I've got a back that plays me up, sometimes, and flu has given me some bad times before because it inflames the joints. If a jab will keep it away, it's a small price to pay. Now that I have got rid of the car, I use public transport more. God knows what is floating around on the trains.