How to learn to trade futures ?

<i>The difference between the quarterly futures price and the ‘cash’ price is called ‘fair value’, and is fixed every day.</i>

Oh no its not...

The daily cash does move differently to the futures. I've seen it, I've posted charts that show it, so has Greying Surfer.

JonnyT

Well just to show I'm not stuck on a lost cause... it it looks like you are all right!! :)

GreyingSurfer pointed out an intra-day change in fair value on D4F today. At 14.17 they changed fair value on the FTSE 100 from 13 to 19 points. I've spoken to them and they say this happens depending on market conditions.

Well done GreyingSurfer for being the first person to actually prove that this happens.

I still don't believe they do it deliberatly to 'get' people but I suppose I should keep my mouth shut for a while.

Last edited:
<i>I still don't believe they do it deliberatly to 'get' people but I suppose I should keep my mouth shut for a while. The question now is how do we exploit this change to make money...</i>

We have two options:

1) Ask one of there dealers/computer wizards to give us a nod and a wank

2) Consult a physic

What I will say is that the FTSE cash behaves much much better than the DOW cash IMHO so the truth about bias is grey!

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
1) Ask one of there dealers/computer wizards to give us a nod and a wank

Couldn't find this in the glossary. Is it a common trading indicator? Does anyone have any positive trading experiences involving it?

Actually, I don't want anyone to answer that last question.

:)

-svengali