How to get stable profits with low risks

triticale

Hello all. I have just opened an account with IB. They reason is that I have some US dollars and don't want them to sleep in a bank account; however, I do not have much time to watch charts and news. Could you guys give some suggestions on what I can buy and/or what strategies I should use to get relatively stable profits with low risks? Thanks.

Well hello there you! Welcome aboard.

Now, let me see... if I'm reading you correctly - forget all that learning, patience, discipline and planning malarkey, and let's just instead cut straight to the chase: Could someone be good enough to let you know, if only from the kindness of their very heart, how to make a few 'riskless' thou on the markets - and you'll be sending a thanks their way in return!

Now that doest soundeth like a plan. Nice one. Methinks I'll be raising a glass to that one too this eve! ;-)

Well hello there you! Welcome aboard.

Now, let me see... if I'm reading you correctly - forget all that learning, patience, discipline and planning malarkey, and let's just instead cut straight to the chase: Could someone be good enough to let you know, if only from the kindness of their very heart, how to make a few 'riskless' thou on the markets - and you'll be sending a thanks their way in return!

Now that doest soundeth like a plan. Nice one. Methinks I'll be raising a glass to that one too this eve! ;-)

I bet you didn't get what I wanted to ask. I didn't ask how to learn, or how to be patient. Actually I have been in stock market for a certain time. I have bought and sold 3 stocks, and got profits from all of them. The highest profit rate was ~7%. I just didn't want to spend a lot of time on charts, and get lower and more stable profits. What I know is bond market. I have no idea whether there are other options.

"I bet you didn't get what I wanted to ask. I didn't ask how to learn, or how to be patient."

Don't be too quick to bet against this one - for you may discover that he more than understood what you asked.

Otherwise, if you can continue to make consistent money from the markets - without concern for learning, patience or discipline, then it is arguably the rest of us who should be asking you for tips.

. . . What I know is bond market. I have no idea whether there are other options.
Hi triticale,
Welcome to T2W.

In answer to the question you posed in your opening post, what peakoil was trying to say is: no! Think about what you're asking - imagine it was possible to make stable profits with low risks without putting in much time and effort. Isn't that everyone's fantasy? I'm afraid that's all it is - a fantasy. There are any number of vendors out there who will tell you that they have exactly what your looking for - a system or a signal or whatever for $$$'s per month. If you go down this path, be sure to read this FAQ first: How Can I Distinguish Between Scams and Reputable Vendors?

The nearest I can suggest that may improve on bank deposit returns is to buy a basket of 'blue chip' stocks. Over the long term, (i.e. many years) markets tend to rise, and the risk of losing your money from business failure amongst this group is low. In the meantime, you'll receive dividend payments. But you don't need an account with IB for that and I imagine (but I don't know for sure) they'll hit you with inactivity charges. Alternatively, find a qualified financial advisor that you like and hand your money over to them.

The bottom line is that if you're wanting to manage your own finances and to be a trader (as opposed to an investor), there are no short cuts I'm afraid. Those who enjoy returns better than they'll get from a bank earn them through hard graft. Believe me when I tell you that if there were any cookie cutter solutions, everyone on this forum would know about them!
;)
Tim.

Last edited:
I do not have much time to watch charts and news. Could you guys give some suggestions on what I can buy and/or what strategies I should use to get relatively stable profits with low risks? Thanks.

To answer your question...
The safest yet leanest way to slowly grow capital that I know of is trading options and to be more specific selling Vertical Spreads. You can trade them as long or short term as your computer time allows with as much risk tolerance as you are comfortable with.

You can easily get a 86-90+% probability position returning 5-10% ROI. The risk to reward freaks people out that don't know any better but probability wins, also but when you can have institutional money helping you earn success then its a win win for a small account.

Last edited:
Simple

Hello all. I have just opened an account with IB. They reason is that I have some US dollars and don't want them to sleep in a bank account; however, I do not have much time to watch charts and news. Could you guys give some suggestions on what I can buy and/or what strategies I should use to get relatively stable profits with low risks? Thanks.

Find an Indicator that YOU can understand that is simple for YOU to use.
Then you will see the trades that suit YOU.

Attachments

• Gold1.GIF
    Gold1.GIF
    64.4 KB · Views: 281
Every trade you make should be based on a solid strategy and probability analysis

Even despite this you are still at the mercy of the market

That's trading

N

I bet you didn't get what I wanted to ask. I didn't ask how to learn, or how to be patient. Actually I have been in stock market for a certain time. I have bought and sold 3 stocks, and got profits from all of them. The highest profit rate was ~7%. I just didn't want to spend a lot of time on charts, and get lower and more stable profits. What I know is bond market. I have no idea whether there are other options.

With the potential of an interest rate hike from BoE, with speculation of as early as November, wouldn't you be better off picking up some gilts and holding on to them?? If that is what you want, instead of day trading, let alone swing trading?