How to code the maximum number of trades.

rajatheroyal

Hi guys i coded one intraday strategy (i am new bie in coding ) i found that if i reduce the number of trades per day the strategy will perform better.Can anybody tell me how to code to limit the maximum number of traders per day in EL.
say for eg. i dont want to take more than 3 signals per day.:?:

nobody knows??
i found the answer we have to give a condition " maxentries < 3 " when giving orders:)

Well - you may find it easier to get answers to questions like this if you actually mentioned the platform you are using as they have different programming languages (y)

Seriously, though, this approach seems to be non-sensical to me.

Less trades per day are not more profitable because of the pure number, but because not al ltrades are equal. Try to find out whether there is a pattern in the trades that make profit, vs those that make losses.

Maybe the strategy works best in certain hours (around opening, closing, dead zone)? Maybe it just does not work well under certain conditions.

Computers never get tired and have unlimited attention span. So, the "number of trades" per se is not a factor at all.

I have one robot I work on that had yesterday some really bad losses in the YM contract. Whow. First 2 trades went well, then I got two shorts that went straight to the limit.

How can one fix that? Here is a hint: not stop after 2 trades, but realize the robot is for choppy markets, and yesterday we went trending crazy - just put in a filter to not trade under strong trends. Reduces trades, but MOSTLY ELIMINATES BAD ONES.

Try to find conditions like that. Not to simply eliminate the number of trades.

Limiting the number of trades per day is often used as part of a risk management framework.

But it makes no sense, unless it is for capturing bad statistical data.

Example: I normally have 1 loss trade per day, so after 3 I stop for the day - maybe the market is in a bad shape for the robot, that needs to be checked.

Otherwise I would try reducing the number of trades with filters - not "just stop", but reduce the frequency and at the same time the profit statistics.

Seems a lot more logical to me than just an arbitrary stop.