how´s the business nowadays?

GGG

Suppose you are contemplating where to start your career and you have some options and time.

How big is the chance that starting off as a backed trader at an arcade (euribor etc.) will get you a stable reasonable income (or less stable, but extraordinary income)?

Thanks in advance

The only honest answer to this question seems to be:

IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PERSONAL EFFORTS :)

I think luck is big part as well.

You need to be lucky to spot pricing anomolies and patterns.

If you sit next to good traders, you'll have better chance of picking up good habits.

If you sit next to bad traders, you'll have a better chance of picking up bad habits.

The only honest answer to this question seems to be:

IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PERSONAL EFFORTS :)

Thanks for the answers.

Is it possible for someone to give a little bit more detailed answer? For example, x % of people who start off are making > £ x after 2 years and x % of these people are making between £ x and £ x, something like that? Sorry if my question is too much focussed on actual £ numbers, but that is what in the end we are all here for to a large extent, aren´t we ;-)

Cheers

ps. I am talking about regular arcade style firms. I already know the numbers more or less for investment banks.

the £'s are obviously the interesting bit, but focusing on what others make wont help you determine whether you can make that, because whether you replicate, exceed or crash in comparison will ultimately be determined by you and your individual efforts. no-one else's earnings or even average earnings will make any difference to where you land in the scale.

some numbers in this article anyway: TOP STORIES: Working for a prop trading house