How not to think correctly.

chump said:
When I see a new market high on thin participation , with the sectors which by weight have contributed in excess to the recent bull trend of the last 18 months going sideways in distribution ..I think I'm thinking correctly to be positioned accordingly with cash waiting for what probably comes next.
Not a lot of psychology to that of course ,but I'm not really thinking so much as just looking. ;)
I don't need to find the 'top' ...just where the reward isn't worth chasing is enough.

You might be interested in the charts I posted to my journal the last couple of weeks. Financials, Non-Durables, and Utilities lead the pack (not good), and the DJTA has made a lower high.

Not that I'm calling a top, but all of this is interesting, esp with the inversion of the yield curve.

Db

chump said:
..I think I'm thinking correctly to be positioned accordingly with cash waiting for what probably comes next.
Not a lot of psychology to that of course ,but I'm not really thinking so much as just looking. ;).

Still today made a higher high and a higher low...... :) :)
Technology has been sleeping for 4-5 years, maybe it will wake up......there must be some psychology to that.....:)

erie

E,
I was looking at the UK market ,not US ...US will follow UK as usual... ;) ;)

Relating to post above...utilities sector joined in today with substantial profit taking ...the weight gathers.

chump said:
Relating to post above...utilities sector joined in today with substantial profit taking ...the weight gathers.

Which one could be next? Consumer Discretionary?

erie

erierambler said:
Which one could be next? Consumer Discretionary?

erie

None of these are in any imminent danger. However, retail is worth following:

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 169
Of course, in order to fully appreciate any of this, it helps to have fallen out of a window and lain in a coma for several months . . . :)

dbphoenix said:
Of course, in order to fully appreciate any of this, it helps to have fallen out of a window and lain in a coma for several months . . . :)

I fell off my bike once and bumped my head.....don't suppose this counts.....but it did make me think .. :LOL:

counter_violent said:
I fell off my bike once and bumped my head.....don't suppose this counts.....but it did make me think .. :LOL:

Doesn't really count. My best student fell into a deep hole on his way toward the star he saw shining over my estate and broke both his legs. He'd been surviving on grubs when I came upon him while I was exercising my pride of lions. I instructed my staff to pull him out and the first whisper out of his parched and blistered lips was "teach me how to trade".

So I lay my hands upon him and lo he knew how to trade. And not only that, he sold the very day that the Nasdaq topped out in '00 and bought back the very day the market bottomed in '03.

Quite satisfying.

Db

dbphoenix said:
Doesn't really count. My best student fell into a deep hole on his way toward the star he saw shining over my estate and broke both his legs. He'd been surviving on grubs when I came upon him while I was exercising my pride of lions. I instructed my staff to pull him out and the first whisper out of his parched and blistered lips was "teach me how to trade".

So I lay my hands upon him and lo he knew how to trade. And not only that, he sold the very day that the Nasdaq topped out in '00 and bought back the very day the market bottomed in '03.

Quite satisfying.

Db

You mean he went three whole years between '00 and '03 without doing anything? Don't think much of that, frankly. :)

Split

Splitlink said:
You mean he went three whole years between '00 and '03 without doing anything? Don't think much of that, frankly. :)

Split

He was too busy sipping pina coladas and getting caught in the rain . . .

We can all now see which THINKING CORRECTLY thread should have really went to the place where it says it has "absolutely nothing to do with trading" :cheesy:

CYOF

You are displaying obsessive tendancies in the rejection of your thread as irrelevant nonsense.
This is hardly surprising given your schizophrenic condition.
Indications of meglomania seem to be also surfacing, as not content with your own little corner of T2W, you seek to pollute on every thread.

jog on peanut
d998

ducati998 said:
CYOF

You are displaying obsessive tendancies in the rejection of your thread as irrelevant nonsense.
This is hardly surprising given your schizophrenic condition.
Indications of meglomania seem to be also surfacing, as not content with your own little corner of T2W, you seek to pollute on every thread.

jog on peanut
d998

If you indeed a MEDICAL PRACTIONER, then I would say that it is DUCKS that you are offering your expert diagnosis to :cheesy:

CYOF said:
If you indeed a MEDICAL PRACTIONER, then I would say that it is DUCKS that you are offering your expert diagnosis to :cheesy:
No...to the ANTS...but ants are deaf...I was able to prove it concluseivly long ago.:LOL: I wish I oould find the link to the post I made that proves it...it is buried somehwhere...but I will find it sooner or later:LOL: