How Much Dosh Can I Make?

Agreed

Anyone who says they do 10% + a day everyday is talking rubbish.

If you compound that up it won't take you too long before you have so much money you no longer need to trade.

If you compound that up it won't take you too long before you have so much money you no longer need to trade.

Or indeed so much money that there isn't any left for the rest of us. £1000 compounded at 10% over 200 days ( easy year) is
£189,905,276,000.

Is that 189 trillion?

pogle

No it's 189 billion. Well US billion, a UK billion is a million million but nobody seems to use that these days. A US trillion has 12 zero's (ie a UK Billion). A UK trillion has 18 zeros.

darktone,

look on your profit/ loss in terms of points. Takes away the emotions of making/ losing £x. Also, can then multiply the points by different size trades to project risk/ reward ratio's and extrapolate weekly/ monthly/ quarterly and annualised numbers.
Particularly useful when testing out new strategies/ trading styles.
Oh, and of course, points make prizes!

sorry. looking back i think i gave the wrong impression :D

Im a great believer in RR / rules and emotion free trading, the comment should have read more like.

'why do you feel the need to make X amount of points / acc % everyday.'

ie why put yourself in that corner under that sort of pressure. It was mentioned at the beginning of the thread that under certain conditions its possible to bet the house, i take that to mean that in a certain situation it my be wise to increase the risk because conditions are more favourable. This is to my way of thinking.

If this is so why not keep your power dry for these occasions instead of placing a set target for the day..

What happens when the market throws a curve ball day (all to often) your battling commission as well as out of ordinary action, but you are under a self imposed obligation to make your target.

I find it hard to believe that many 3 yr in let alone a noobie trader would know when to call it a day under those sort of conditions.

regards
dt

edit: opps ...btw.. i see everything as points. thinking in money terms effects my trading to much..re the dangling carrot syndrome :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: