How important is educational material for you?

TraderBoy92

Hi,

I have a question regarding your interest in a broker. How important is educational material provided by the broker.

I noticed some have loads of material, some have something and everything they provide is actually useless.

Would you be more happy if you find material, shared by a broker which would give you an insight into the industry?

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

I have a question regarding your interest in a broker. How important is educational material provided by the broker.

I noticed some have loads of material, some have something and everything they provide is actually useless.

Would you be more happy if you find material, shared by a broker which would give you an insight into the industry?

Thanks for your time.

Rather not. As a matter of fact educational material is plenty for free on the net. I am expecting from my broker a reliable service and good spreads. That is more important. :smart:

Rather not. As a matter of fact educational material is plenty for free on the net. I am expecting from my broker a reliable service and good spreads. That is more important. :smart:

True, I also talk about the free stuff. For example when you started as a trader, would material make you stay with the broker?

Hi TraderBoy, I would agree with the other poster that the availability of educational materials shouldn't be a deciding factor in whom you choose as a broker. If the broker-provided education is going to form the basis of your training and learning, then you are not likely to ever make it as a trader in any case.

That said, I have listened to some of the webinars provided from ActiveTrades and from ETX and I found both of them informative and good - though rather as bonus material instead of core information.

Good luck out there.

I have a question regarding your interest in a broker. How important is educational material provided by the broker. ??

not really, many website provide such information. but to be honest, a more solid information within brokers website are much more needed. for example many brokers website claim to had 0 spread account (as their website headline), while in fact the truth is they charge more with the commision, i think it's not an educational words to read by some rookie traders.

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

general trading stuff is mainly superficial and stolen from other sites ...........don't worry to much ...its generic

do worry about the small print regarding your contract and ensure you are clear regarding the relationship and rules with that company ....it is very important if things go wrong for you

N

Agree. Generally speaking, you'll get way better educational material for free by watching (decent) YouTube channels, Udemy courses, or by just playing around on a demo account with paper money.

Definitely don't let it sway you towards a broker with worse spreads.

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

Have some good tutorials on HF but rarely looked up as prefer to as forum members for help.
However sometimes they held interesting webinars on techy analysis. Fresh views, ideas on technical trading, though nothing brand new for me.

Brokers offer education purely to add more value and to entice traders to deposit funds. Yes it may be good but often its the same as everything else. This site has plenty of free information. A lot of brokers make money from you losing so why do you think they offer education, it is not so you can become successful and make money off them!

Having your broker providing useful educational material is a plus but not a desicive factor to choose a broker, i think traders do not mind sharing their knowledge and that is very nice as you can find almost everything on the net