How do you keep tabs on the Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
funnily enough I use the price of a market to see if a trade is worth taking .......a little old fashioned but it works for me

N

funnily enough I use the price of a market to see if a trade is worth taking .......a little old fashioned but it works for me

N

:)

I was thinking more along the lines of keeping an eye on the amount wriggling happening...

i.e. your graph/ladder price against the real time ticker?

leave my wriggling out of it ........what a man does in the privacy of his own trading room is his own business

N

Is everyone here as insular or jaundiced?

I must admit I am finding this site very strange.

It was a simple question, does anybody confirm prices by reference to a third party generated figure?

We like to use this . . .
Hi Mycroft,
It's been a while since a new member has made such a colourful and controversial debut on T2W as you have!
;)
I notice that you quite often make reference to 'we' in your posts; may I ask who 'we' are?
Tim.

Hi Mycroft,
It's been a while since a new member has made such a colourful and controversial debut on T2W as you have!
;)
I notice that you quite often make reference to 'we' in your posts; may I ask who 'we' are?
Tim.

Unintentional I can assure you.

It's a bit pretentious bit as I am not alone in this research the alternative 'I' feels far worse to me.

There are 3 of us as a core but there are 16500 students here and our volunteers are drawn from that body and are as much 'me' as I am... if you can get your head 'round that. :)

In short it feels wrong saying 'I'...

Is there a 'Sticky' showing all the 'live price' sites unmediated by the various providers?
Hi Mycroft,
No, T2W is a discussion forum - not some sort of analysis site. Besides which, we don't have the resources to continually monitor and update that kind of information. Sorry!
Tim.

Hi Mycroft,
No, T2W is a discussion forum - not some sort of analysis site. Besides which, we don't have the resources to continually monitor and update that kind of information. Sorry!
Tim.

That made me laugh heartily...

'Discussion' forum had me coughing and spluttering in mirth...

My experience has been nothing like that.

Brilliant.

Mycroft, to be fair, if you try to discuss, you'll find discussion. I don't think you were interested in discussion.

For OTC markets there isn't really a price and a deviation from it. There is some sort of consensus, and in Forex (spot) I've found that for what I use, the difference is rarely more than a pip between different brokers. Besides there is a bid and an ask.

For exchange traded products, you compare with the exchange.

Unintentional I can assure you.

It's a bit pretentious bit as I am not alone in this research the alternative 'I' feels far worse to me.

There are 3 of us as a core but there are 16500 students here and our volunteers are drawn from that body and are as much 'me' as I am... if you can get your head 'round that. :)

In short it feels wrong saying 'I'...
I've been advised not to feed the troll, but I can't help wondering why if you have (a) significant funding from your faculty for this programme and (b) a pool of 16,500 to assist, why you are piddling around on this site begging others to help you catalogue SB misquotes?

I've been advised not to feed the troll, but I can't help wondering why if you have (a) significant funding from your faculty for this programme and (b) a pool of 16,500 to assist, why you are piddling around on this site begging others to help you catalogue SB misquotes?

You have obviously never researched in your life... volunteers?, at the week-ends?, in a University City?.. do you want 'flash cards'?

This place is a morgue if the pubs and clubs are open.

Never mind...

Another thread fooked by pillocks... well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.