How DO I Practice?

Noitartst

I was wondering. My demo NinjaTrader account won't renew, and I'm trying to learn how to practice somewhere.

I've heard about Market Replay, for one, and stockcharts.com, is another. I hear you just study the charts, make notes, and make guesses where you would wish to buy, and sell.

Are these good places to start learning? And if so, how?

Hm...dunno if this was the best forum to ask this. I'm trying to figure out how to practice trading futures.

I used to use thinkorswim for paper trading. Back then they let you download their desktop app and trade play money. Now, I think they require you to register for an account in order to download the software. It still might be worth it though. You can trade stocks, options, futures and forex so you can practice it all. They also have some cool features with options that allow you to look at historical prices. Not sure if they have a time limit on paper trading now, but back when I used it they had no limits.

https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=paperMoney

You can make the most of your demo account as an inexperienced trader by trying with different trading markets, trading times, and techniques to see which one works best for you. You can establish your own trading style by practising various trading tactics on a simulated market.

You should be able to trade on demo for as long as you need to. I'd open a new one with them or if you're really wanting the one you've been using ask support to help out with getting you back into it.

When you leanr about a certain aspect in market structure or chart patterns depending on how you're learning, open up a chart and look for them. Solidify these ideas in your head. If you are looking at types of entries, look for them. Do they meet your criteria. How often does it work or not. When it does what sort of risk reward would you be looking at etc.