How do I make 2 minute bars start at 14:30?

notouch

When I try to get 2 minute bars in a YM chart with MetaStock 9 it starts at 1431, the next one being 1433 etc, which totally ruins some of my trading strategies. Is there a way to get Metastock to start at the right time? What a weird piece of software!

yes this can be solved ( don't use realtime at this moment , but when i did i remember setting up 4 or 5 different session start times so i would get get more candlestick patterns per instrument ) there is some sort of dialogue when entering a "new" instrument ( this can be an "old " instrument but with new session times .I'm a bit vague cos i don't currently use it , but worked it without problems in the past.( this is cache to disc i think rather than data on demand )( i think )

I tried fiddling around with that but still the same old problems. I'm using Metastock 9 with live esignal data. I'll fiddle some more.

Attachments

• metastock.jpg
    metastock.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 391
Thanks LM, that fixed the problem. That start time was 0215 for some bizarre reason so I can change it to 0100 or 1430 and it displays correctly. Much appreciated.