How come AIM Equities aren't traded on some days?

Bill Gates

Hi, I was just wondering why some shares listed on the AIM aren't traded on particular days. I recently bought some shares in an AIM listed company but it hasn't been trading for the last 2 days. I don't understand why this happens. Is it particular to the AIM? I don't think this happens with businesses listed on the FTSE 100.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain why this happens exactly.

Thanks,
Bill

Much smaller stock.None of the big institutions interested,doesn't match their remit.Private investors mat not be aware if no newsflow.....which tends to account for no trades.
you'll also find the bid-offer spread wide until interest picks up.

cheers

Aim is a nursery for wannabe big boys.
They issue shares to grow/buy things to help their company trade.
Low price/low volume - few brokers: it doesn't take much to move the price so dont try to trade them. OK if you want to hold for years and you have done research.
Usually not many shares in issue.

People think that cheap shares (penny shares etc) are a bargain.
You get what you pay for.

If you want to trade shares try some in the FTSE 100.

If you stick to trying to trade penny shares/aim listed stock you are taking unnecessary risks

Lack of interest in the company/AIM market.

AIM is aimed (no pun intended) at investors not traders.

Last edited:
It would also depend if there was somekind of Corporate Action that may have resulted in the shares being suspended.

I find it incredulous that anyone can buy a share and not do basic research. When we buy a car, house or even major household goods we carry out research before parting with our money. Yet, once again here is someone parting with serious money without doing basic reseach. Buying an AIM listed stock should involve a basic understanding of AIM stocks, recent dealing activity (which might have uncovered infrequent dealing) etc

And people ask who are the losers in the trading game. I laugh...