how can we use this?

superfly

Established member
Teleportation and forcefields possible within decades, says Professor Michio Kaku

By Matthew Moore

Last Updated: 1:01pm BST 02/04/2008

Teleportation and forcefields could become scientific realities within decades, and time travel will also be possible in the future, according to one of the world's leading physicists.
Interview with Michio Kaku, Mr Parallel Universe
Extended extracts from Prof Kaku's new book 'Physics of the Impossible'
Future of science: 'We will have the power of the gods' Professor Michio Kaku of City University in New York has studied a range of scientific "impossibilities" and concluded that most will almost certainly be achieved as our knowledge expands.
ukaku.jpg
Prof Kaku: 'What is unthinkable today might not be forbidden in a few decades or centuries'Applying the rule that unless something breaks a law of physics "then it's not only possible, it is sure to be built someday", Prof Kaku has established a hierarchy of "impossibilities", separating those phenomena that are sure to remain science fiction from those which are likely to become reality at some point in the future.
Teleportation, telepathy, forcefields and invisibility are Class 1 impossibilities, meaning they are likely to be realisable within a few decades or at most a century.

Class II impossibilities may take centuries or millennia to perfect, while Class III impossibilities are truly impossible.

Class 1

Teleportation is likely to be achieved through "quantum entanglement", a property that allows connections to be formed – and information transmitted - between particles many miles apart.
Applying the process to larger objects like people is just a scientific "engineering problem", that is likely to be solved in time, Prof Kaku writes in his new book Physics of the Impossible.
Similarly, telepathy will be made possible by improved MRI machines that can effectively read minds, and electrodes that can then pass the information into the brains of other humans.
advertisement

Invisibility will probably be achieved using a recently-built "metamaterial" capable of bending light rays, he argues. Alien life will most likely be discovered within decades as our ability to analyse the universe improves.
Class II
Time travel is a Class II impossibility because, while it need not break the laws of physics, science still has major knowledge gaps to cross to make it a reality, Prof Kaku believes.
"What makes them [Class II impossibilities] so difficult is that they generally require vast amounts of energy, and their underlying physics is not totally understood," he writes in this week's New Scientist magazine.
The research of Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and the physicist Kip Thorne has shown that time travel is theoretically possible, but no-one has yet found a way to produce the energy necessary to keep a "wormhole" open.
"This technology is only achievable for a civilisation significantly more advanced than ours," Prof Kaku writes.
Parallel universes and travelling faster than the speed of light are also Class II impossibilities, he argues.
Class III
The only two science fiction phenomena which Prof Kaku believes are truly impossible – Class III impossibilities – are perpetual motion machines and telling the future (precognition), both of which break the fundamental laws of modern physics.
"In considering what the future may hold, then, we should keep an open mind to Class 1 and Class 2 impossibilities," Prof Kaku writes.
"What is unthinkable today might not be forbidden in a few decades or centuries."
'Physics of the Impossible' by Michio Kaku (Allen Lane) is available from Telegraph Books for £18 plus £1.25 p&p. Call 0870 428 4115 or order online at Redirecting to site

Time travel is a Class II impossibility because, while it need not break the laws of physics, science still has major knowledge gaps to cross to make it a reality, Prof Kaku believes.

Than I dont understand why he thinks it will be impossible to tell the future (precognition)?

:smart:

I think Ill have to ask him myself why he thinks what he thinks

or ........?

"We will have the power of gods"....jesus ,he obviously has not had to deal with any of the customer sales depts of virtually any of the services I take. I'd settle for them just being able to spell my name right !

first application of teleportation machine will be military:

the ability to teleport a weapon (nuclear/chemical/bacteriological) across the globe to a "potentail security threat" (that has a lot of oil) instantaneously.

criminal: entering bank vaults/museums/homes to steal valuable stuff.

I am not cynical, actually quite optimistic about technological innovations, but the crass aspects of humanity will be the weak links of the future, as they have been for the past.

Can you imagine the tourism boom ... yuck !!!!

Short the airlines now!!!

"We will have the power of gods"....jesus ,he obviously has not had to deal with any of the customer sales depts of virtually any of the services I take. I'd settle for them just being able to spell my name right !

I expect they think you are taking the micky...."chump" is not difficult to spell :LOL:

cv

He can get away with this because he will be dead by then and for now it gets him more TV work.

Precognitive Trading

Precognitive trading is a reality now and has been a reality for many years. For many the topic is out of their believe system, so it does not exist for them. For a few others it is within their believe system and therefor an effective analysis for trading ANY instrument:smart:. To see some real market exmples in currencies and crude oil :cool:, WELCOME TO www.veridicalfx.com. Currencies, oil, ANY instrument. Precognitive analysis is not a futureistic possibility, it is a here and now reality.:idea:

Can I ask a genuine question?

Why if you have such highly developed precog capabilities (and I'm not questionning your abilities at all), do you need to charge $7000/month to provide a service to others?

Why not just trade what you (think you're going to) see?

BTW. You need to set your profile up to reflect your vendor status or the admin may be a little unhappy with you.

PLUS - It's 'belief system' not 'believe system'. As in 'I have no belief in this system' or 'I don't believe this system'.

Not sure if anybody has read this new story on the bbc website. Looks quite interesting regarding the whole invisibility.