Horsemeat found in tesco burgers - an ode

bbmac

Veteren member
3,584 787
With thanks to Pam Ayres for the inspiration:

They've shot poor Dobbin in the head - it's humane apparently
He's in some tesco burgers now - buy one - get one free

Those tesco burgers do taste good-especially with some sauce
Just 100% prime beef they are - (and sheep, and pig, and horse)

The public they were up in arms - and looking for the blame
Tesco's they were quick to act - and off the shelves they came

A joint of beef I still posess and need to hear it moo
It's got to sound like cow you see - not oink and neighing too

So if your sirloins more than chewy - let out some little yelps
Remember tesco's there to serve - and ' every little helps '

G/L

Last edited:

Jason101

Experienced member
1,372 215
I was in Tesco’s café the other day and thought I would have a burger, the man behind the counter asked me what I wanted on it. - - So I said I would have a fiver each way.

trendie

Legendary member
6,551 1,138
I was in Tescos other cafe the other day and was walking past the meat seection, and there was this crowd.
On getting closer, I could see a burger saying "I'm a great burger. I am full of meaty goodness. Buy me.", etc.
I got it straight from the horses mouth.

I asked it what cut of meat the burger was made from, and it said "The saddle, of course".

BeginnerJoe

3,329 350
In any case where do the dead horses go in this country ? Do they get turned into pellets and fed to the cows ? More than likely you are eating horses one way or another.

bbmac

Veteren member
3,584 787
I hate those self service check outs !

G/L

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10,434

bbmac

Veteren member
3,584 787
They get buried under their favouirite tree and go to the big eternal paddock in the sky !

G/L

In any case where do the dead horses go in this country ? Do they get turned into pellets and fed to the cows ? More than likely you are eating horses one way or another.

Jason101

Experienced member
1,372 215
Tesco replied to a customer who had asked whether they stocked ‘Red Rum’ by saying they would ‘look into the issue and get back to him soon’.

C

cablemonster

0 0
I was in my local tesco buying burgers yesterday. Girl on the till gave me a funny look I said 'why the long face'

M

member275544

0 0
so you mean, when they said 100% pure beef, beef burgers...they were telling porkies :LOL:

Reactions: Jason101

Jason101

Experienced member
1,372 215
I was in Tesco’s café the other day and thought I would have a burger, the man behind the counter asked me what I wanted on it. - - So I said I would have a fiver each way.

Oohh, that burger has given me the 'trots' today.:confused:

gedward3

Established member
925 116
I went to Tesco the other day and bought some burgers. The cashier said was
that my only purchase. I said no i bought petrol a few minutes earlier. She said
here's your free comedy DVD for the promotion.

I said what is it

Only fuels n horse's ...........................:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock