Honest opinion on my chances?

Ltte

Hi, I was thinking about applying for a backed position at a prop firm. I trade FX mostly and have been profitable for a few months on a real account. But I am in my 30’s and have no degree, only A-levels.

I phoned in but they all want a CV, I don’t have any relevant work experience in the financial field to put down on my CV. I've done mostly odd jobs.

I've been learning to trade for 3 years and I am pretty comfortable with it now. I take around 10 trades a month. No scalping, just position trading over a few days.

What are my chances realistically?

I only want to be backed so that I can trade a larger account. Otherwise it would take me a year or more to build a six figure account. Bills to pay make it difficult to compound fast.

2 things:

1) Never, never listen to anything everyonerich says, unless you should one day wonder what a turnip with CJD would sound like
2) To be blunt, you won't know until you try. Put together a CV, send it out to as many places as possible and try to get yourself in front of as many people as you can. If you've got it in you, chances are someone will see it. There's a better chance of them seeing it that way than by sitting around asking questions on here, that's for sure.

SL

2 things:

1) Never, never listen to anything everyonerich says, unless you should one day wonder what a turnip with CJD would sound like
2) To be blunt, you won't know until you try. Put together a CV, send it out to as many places as possible and try to get yourself in front of as many people as you can. If you've got it in you, chances are someone will see it. There's a better chance of them seeing it that way than by sitting around asking questions on here, that's for sure.

SL

Yes it did strike me as a little odd, everyonerich being able to trade 3000 lots on metatrader to make $1 million off 35 pips in 2 mins. I wonder what broker he is with.

Yes it did strike me as a little odd, everyonerich being able to trade 3000 lots on metatrader to make $1 million off 35 pips in 2 mins. I wonder what broker he is with.

you can have MT4 bridge from Currenex

Hi, I was thinking about applying for a backed position at a prop firm. I trade FX mostly and have been profitable for a few months on a real account. But I am in my 30’s and have no degree, only A-levels.

I phoned in but they all want a CV, I don’t have any relevant work experience in the financial field to put down on my CV. I've done mostly odd jobs.

I've been learning to trade for 3 years and I am pretty comfortable with it now. I take around 10 trades a month. No scalping, just position trading over a few days.

What are my chances realistically?

I only want to be backed so that I can trade a larger account. Otherwise it would take me a year or more to build a six figure account. Bills to pay make it difficult to compound fast.

Just reading your post...........

firstly you don't need a degree or A-levels to be a good trader so get that out of your head. You mentioned that you have been successful lately trading, so that's a start, put your P'n'L down and fire that of, all prop houses are interested in is whether you can show consistency or not in your trading, and if you can prove it then i'm sure you will get a phonecall. Some prop house will offer a 3 month trial period where you prove to them that you can trade before backing you, or you could join a training course and prove yourself that way, either way there are a number of ways of getting backed.

regarding age, it doesn't matter how old you are, if you can show that you can consistently make profits week in, week out then they will back you, i mean if you were making 50k profit a week and you were 75 and couldn't walk do you think they would say no?!

hope it goes well mate