Hi Newbie

Jadestar

4 0
Hi T2W Forum

I am new to investing, a friend, an investor send me a link to this forum. Currently I have a practice paper trading account. I really would like to develop my knowledge in all aspects of investing.

There is just so much to learn and I am going to enjoy these forums with like minded members.

Jadestar

timsk

Legendary member
7,015 1,845
Hi Jadestar,
Welcome to T2W!
You'll soon discover - if you haven't done so already - that T2W is a forum devoted to trading as opposed to investing. So, the focus is fairly short term, holding positions intra-day to a few weeks or, at best, a few months at a time. Most traders use Technical Analysis (TA) as their primary decision making tool. If you're wanting a forum to discuss investing, where Fundamental Analysis (FA) tends to dominate the criteria for stock selection, then you might find a sight like Fool.com: Stock Investing Advice | Stock Research serves your needs and reflects your interest better.
Either way, best of luck.
Tim.

Jadestar

4 0
Hi Tim

I did not fully investigate the forums, the investor friend of mine suggested I look at this particular site. Basically, I just jumped in and posted. I am focusing on moving averages and in particular 30-week MA and 50-week MA. So if you can suggest any threads then that will be great.

Tim, I hope you was not being cheeky with regards to that website you recommended :)

Jadestar

Hi Jadestar,
Welcome to T2W!
You'll soon discover - if you haven't done so already - that T2W is a forum devoted to trading as opposed to investing. So, the focus is fairly short term, holding positions intra-day to a few weeks or, at best, a few months at a time. Most traders use Technical Analysis (TA) as their primary decision making tool. If you're wanting a forum to discuss investing, where Fundamental Analysis (FA) tends to dominate the criteria for stock selection, then you might find a sight like Fool.com: Stock Investing Advice | Stock Research serves your needs and reflects your interest better.
Either way, best of luck.
Tim.

Bizkine

23 1
There is just so much to learn and I am going to enjoy these forums with like minded members.
True...do you have enough patience to learn it all?

joe4422

47 1
He's not being cheeky about that site, that's the Motley fool. They're a site for fundamental investors. morningstar.com and zacks.com are also very good. I reccomend zacks.

Jadestar

4 0
He's not being cheeky about that site, that's the Motley fool. They're a site for fundamental investors. morningstar.com and zacks.com are also very good. I reccomend zacks.
Thanks Joe, for your input and I will have a peek at those sites suggested. I really need to focus on Technical Analysis.

Jadestar