Help!!

Buk

Established member
Hello peeps! New to the board, and relatively new to the business. Have dipped me toes in the big Dow pond (tentatively), and am hanging onto a long (spreadbet) entry at 10,445 from the 14th……more luck than judgement!….am leaning towards swing trading the Dow (especially as I’ll be spreadbetting), + my nerves are bad enough as it is without subjecting meself to daily intakes of happy pills, riding the rollercoaster from hell (daytrading)…….and was wondering if the more experienced among you can direct me towards some advice/assistance on correct/tried & tested indicators req’d for entry/exit levels!…at the moment I’m using Stockpoint charts to identify trends (5 yr/1yr/3mth/1mth) & using obvious supp/resist levels as a guide. My T/A is very basic & I’m unsure as to what type of chart package/screen indicators to adapt to this arena??!!…..I have a basic understanding of the indicators, but don’t know which ones to use….also what time frame charts should I be looking at and which indicators should I ‘marry’ up to them??….wow!! so many q’s….sorry guy’s, but I’m thirsty for knowledge!!….my only guide so far has been the Signalwatch daily commentary (more of an observation exercise than anything)……account is open, stakes are low & stop is in place…..seriously, I know enough to be dangerous….and am being careful (money management)…but am a tad directionless at the mo…..all help most gratefully received, thank you in advance.... :eek:

Read all the dow intraday posts and the weekly digest. It should help a bit...

sorry Chartman! I wasn't aware I had posted twice??!! no idea how that happened....anyway, thank you for your reply & assistance.

Buk

Just trade with a very small amount so that profits and losses don't really matter that much. Then as you gain more experience you can up your size.

Trading in real-time will teach you so much and answer a lot of your own questions, as well as giving you some more direction, for example you might be day trading as well as position trading but soon realise that you'refar better at one than the other, this is the kind of direction that I mean.

But from what you've told us you've already got a pretty good take on the business etc.

Good luck

thanks Anley, appreciate your comments, and yes, I agree...until I compare the two I can't actually know for sure which direction suits!.....I think I'm overloading on info at present, and need to sit down & clear my head. One comment which keeps flooding back at me I guess sums things up nicely....."trade what you see, not what you WANT to see".......................