Help With Selling Naked Put

wheezer

4 0
Hi guys,

I'm brand new to options trading and would love some help.

I'm currently using CBOE.com's VirtualTrading to practise, with a strategy to sell naked puts until exercised, then write covered calls once stock is delivered.

I have $25,000 in this account. I sold 2 LMT Sep13 @120 Puts and am now open in this position. Considering I would buy $24,000 worth of stock if exercised, I am confused to see the broker account has only taken $5,000 off my available option buying power (now at $20,000).

Am I missing something? Seems like a lot of leverage for a naked position...

Thanks for your help.

CityMasterTrader

77 2
Hi guys,

I'm brand new to options trading and would love some help.

I'm currently using CBOE.com's VirtualTrading to practise, with a strategy to sell naked puts until exercised, then write covered calls once stock is delivered.

I have $25,000 in this account. I sold 2 LMT Sep13 @120 Puts and am now open in this position. Considering I would buy $24,000 worth of stock if exercised, I am confused to see the broker account has only taken $5,000 off my available option buying power (now at $20,000).

Am I missing something? Seems like a lot of leverage for a naked position...

Thanks for your help.

Hi wheezer,

It shouldn't be like that though I haven't done any trading with them. Did you ring them about this matter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock