HELP regarding Esignal down loader

Grey1

My esignal down loader on global server does not seems to be working correclty when it comes to down loading $INDU ,,, It says down load complete with out any down loading process,

Any ideas ?

I have tried stockquote, and other free down loaders from the net to down laod three year of data but being me i never can get this things working properly

I appreciate your comments

thx

Grey1,

If you're looking for DOW historical data, I could send you this in an Excel sheet. What intervals over what time period are you looking for (and OHLC?)?

Grant.

Grey1,

If you're looking for DOW historical data, I could send you this in an Excel sheet. What intervals over what time period are you looking for (and OHLC?)?

Grant.

I have downloaded the data in EXCEL but global server IMPORT facillty cannot read this ..

grey1

Silly suggestion...

Hi Grey1,

I don't have eSignal, but just thinking from a silly-kind-of-thing-that-might-be-causing-the-problem perspective here... I am assuming the $INDU is in exactly the same format as the other data... So, assuming formatting is not the cause, it could possibly be the '$' sign in front of the 'INDU' symbol. Depending on your format, you will either have $INDU just at the top of the data, or $INDU all the way down for each Open, High, Low, ... Try changing every occurrence of '$INDU' to 'INDU'...

Come from a programming background and usually if it's not immediately visible - it's something simple... :p

Just a thought,

Magnus

p.s. Thank you very much Grey1 for your postings here in TT over the last 4 or years. You gave me access to the room about 3 days ago and I have been reading from it about 16 hours each day so far. It's a wealth of information... (y)

Last edited:
Iraj,

If all else fails try their technical support as they should be able to sort this one quickly in my view.

Paul

My esignal down loader on global server does not seems to be working correclty when it comes to down loading $INDU ,,, It says down load complete with out any down loading process,

Any ideas ?

I have tried stockquote, and other free down loaders from the net to down laod three year of data but being me i never can get this things working properly

I appreciate your comments

thx

Grey1
When you use the downloader:-
1. Is $INDU set up as an Index in Globalserver ?

2. Is Globalserverset up to download Indexes seperately from stocks (Pic on left) ?

3. and for Indexes have you got check-boxes to tick for 1 Minute and 1 Day (Pic on Right) ?

If not then you need to add Indexes and select 1 Minute and 1 Day as in middle pic.

Glenn

Attachments

• Step 1.JPG
    Step 1.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 9
  • Step 2.JPG
    Step 2.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Step 3.JPG
    Step 3.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 7
Grey1
When you use the downloader:-
1. Is $INDU set up as an Index in Globalserver ?

2. Is Globalserverset up to download Indexes seperately from stocks (Pic on left) ?

3. and for Indexes have you got check-boxes to tick for 1 Minute and 1 Day (Pic on Right) ?

If not then you need to add Indexes and select 1 Minute and 1 Day as in middle pic.

Glenn

yes $INDU is set as an INDEX

and the set up looks like below

Attachments

• snapshot-70.png
    snapshot-70.png
    16 KB · Views: 13
  • snapshot-69.png
    snapshot-69.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Exactly the same yes.

Grey1

OK, so regarding the Date ranges in the Download box, do you change the 'From' date to something further in the past
e.g. for Daily use 25/4/1995 ?

(Sorry for the silly questions but as Yuppie said it could be something simple - finger trouble I call it )

And have you succesfully downloaded $INDU data in the past on this PC/Setup ?
Or is any data you have (do you have any at all ?) only from live updating ?

Glenn

OK, so regarding the Date ranges in the Download box, do you change the 'From' date to something further in the past
e.g. for Daily use 25/4/1995 ?

(Sorry for the silly questions but as Yuppie said it could be something simple - finger trouble I call it )

And have you succesfully downloaded $INDU data in the past on this PC/Setup ?
Or is any data you have (do you have any at all ?) only from live updating ?

Glenn

Yes the data goes to past ,, NO PROBLEMS WITH STOCKS ,, JUST THE INDECIES
I have never been able to down laod INDU successfully , I have always used DATABULL for 6 month and the rest was based on lIVE UPDATING ,,,
I just read that some version of TS does not allow indecies and i need to upgrade my TS grrrrrrr ..

Grey1

Yes the data goes to past ,, NO PROBLEMS WITH STOCKS ,, JUST THE INDECIES
I have never been able to down laod INDU successfully , I have always used DATABULL for 6 month and the rest was based on lIVE UPDATING ,,,
I just read that some version of TS does not allow indecies and i need to upgrade my TS grrrrrrr ..

Grey1

What version are you on ?
Service Pack 5 Build 822 was the last version.
i.e. 5.00.0822

(Hard to imagine that any version of TS doesn't allow indices !! )

Glenn

This does not sound right to me as I have never had an issue downloading INDU data although I don't use esignal. What version of TS are you running ?

You can get any updates that you may need from here:

ftp://ftp.tradestation.com/PUB/updates/

Paul

The version I have is 5.00.0822 You can try downloading the updates from the link I have posted or if that fails I will send you a copy if you need it.

Paul

The version I have is 5.00.0822 You can try downloading the updates from the link I have posted or if that fails I will send you a copy if you need it.

Paul

Thanks very very much GLEN , PAUL, others ,, I just updated my TS to 5.0082 and down loaded the INDU data GOD BLESS YOU GUYS

Grey1

Last edited:
I am always pleased to be able to help where possible and happy this is solved :)

Paul