Help to do coding for Range Bar Chart

toyogo00

Hi MT4 programmers,

I'm currently trading Woodie CCI system - it provides a TOTALLY free consultation live in order to help traders, Relocate. It uses range bar chart with Woodie CCI indicator. The system is available for a lot of platform including Tradestation, TradeNavigator, NinjaTrader etc, The MT4 system is also available in:

Range Bar chart (wlas): nonewww.woodiescciclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5545
Woodie CCI (george1): nonewww.woodiescciclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4372

However, the Range Bar chart may have some problem and we need someone to come out with a reliable one. The explaination of range bar chart is here Forex Range Bar Chart Explained

Your help to program this chart will be appreciated by all traders in Woodie CCI Club.

Thanks

Toyogo

There is no historic tick data in Metatrader, so you can't do accurate range bars.

Hi Timm,

Thanks for you reply, I know there is no historical tick data (only 1, 5, 15min...) and using 1min as a data feed for range bar will not be enough for accuracy. However, I am hoping that there is a command to get the tick datafeed, ie, read every tick data feed and create the range bar chart based on it. Pls advise!

Regards,
Toyogo

Hi Timm,

Thanks for you reply, I know there is no historical tick data (only 1, 5, 15min...) and using 1min as a data feed for range bar will not be enough for accuracy. However, I am hoping that there is a command to get the tick datafeed, ie, read every tick data feed and create the range bar chart based on it. Pls advise!

Regards,
Toyogo

Yes, you can do a range chart based on the tick data as it comes in. You would have to leave your terminal on for it to populate the chart with a bit of history. If that's good enough for what you want, it's pretty simple to do.

rgds