Hello

DeborahB

I just joined tonight after learning of this forum on a Utube video. I have not started trading yet, but have been trying to gain some knowledge first. I seem to be drawn to binary options for some reason, so this is where I am going to start. Thanks for having this great forum!

I just joined tonight after learning of this forum on a Utube video. I have not started trading yet, but have been trying to gain some knowledge first. I seem to be drawn to binary options for some reason, so this is where I am going to start. Thanks for having this great forum!

Read these links before getting into binaries:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2010/07/27/dont-gamble-on-binary-options/
http://investor.gov/news-alerts/pre...nary-options-charges-cyprus-based-company-sel

Thank you for your post. I have previously read both those articles. I understand your concern about BO, but I am in no way a gambler. I just have really felt led to get an education about this type of investing. I am not looking to get rich quick or anything like that. I really don't know how this research journey will end up.

Thank you for your post. I have previously read both those articles. I understand your concern about BO, but I am in no way a gambler. I just have really felt led to get an education about this type of investing. I am not looking to get rich quick or anything like that. I really don't know how this research journey will end up.

Its not investing.
Its gambling, the odds are skewed in their favour, and you can't
skew them in your favour.

. . . but I am in no way a gambler. I just have really felt led to get an education about this type of investing. I am not looking to get rich quick or anything like that. I really don't know how this research journey will end up.

Hi Deborah,
Welcome to T2W.

If you're not a gambler and are interested in investment rather than a get rich quick scheme, then your research ought to result in you following Liquid validity's very sound advice. Binary options are aimed at novices who are quickly parted from their money. If - in spite of what you say - you're really looking for a 'buzz' with the prospect of making a few $$$ if you're (very) lucky - then Binary Options may well scratch that particular itch. However, be prepared to lose most - if not all of your money - as that's almost certainly what will happen.

Sorry if we're coming across as being rather negative, but there is a vast chasm between the hype and the reality in the financial world, most especially in the Binary Options market. If you want to learn about this business and get a good grasp of the basics which will form a solid foundation for trading any market - then you've come to the right place. Start with the first two links in my signature and follow your nose from there - asking any questions you want along the way.
Enjoy!
Tim.

Last edited:
...I seem to be drawn to binary options for some reason...

If you can turn that ' some ' reason into a knowing conscious reason, then that would be a valuable lesson into yourself, which ultimately will help you develop a correct method approach suited to your character and personality relating to a trading a market.

JMV = Just my view (is that a new one ? ) :)

Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Hi Deborah and welcome to the forum. I am currently looking at methods of trading at the moment. I know I would like to trade stocks and also some commodities but am now looking for a trading platform with great rates and a charting tool to match.

Will you be looking at Technical Trading or Fundamental Trading?

You should bet on horses instead, you'd have more chance of making money.

Thank you all for your warm welcome and responses.
vchohan1...I am trying to learn about technical analysis right now. Reading charts and learning different indicators. I have downloaded MT4.
This past Sunday, I listened to a webinar discussing Volume Price Analysis. It was very interesting and talked about the phases of price and the 6 ways the market moves. I honestly cannot say I understand much of all of this yet, but I will continue in my education. I think it is important to keep learning new things. I also belong to another forum, binaryoptionsthatsuck.com, which is extremely down to earth and has a school to teach you.