Hello From Singapore

Hello Singapore based traders,

My name is Gianluca and I have just moved to Singapore a week ago with a project to carry out.
In a few weeks time I am going to open my own Prop. Trading company and I am looking for serious full-time individual proprietary traders to just share the expenses of renting an office in the city. Each of us will bring his own workstation, his systems and will use his preferred IB. i.e. we will be independent from each other.

Am looking for individual traders who have the professional attitude, real passion and who can commit for at least 3 months rental share. Estimated budget is max S$1000/month p.p., if we put together a large number of traders we can rent a bigger unit hence the per head cost would be lower.
Serviced office would be ok as they do not require long term contract commitment but one month’s notice. Checked out on Suntec when I was here a few months ago, they asked about S$3000/month for a small unit, can fit 2/3 workstations, large window w/ bay view. Also believe we can have some negotiation power.

My aim is to create a very professional although small trading floor where traders have the constant feeling of being in the market, exchange market views, quantitative info, research etc.
I don’t believe in trading on your own from your living room..

Something about me: I am Italian, am 30 yrs old and I have recently moved from London where I worked for a big European Inv. Banking in their Equity Derivatives sales trading desk for 5 yrs.
I will be trading single stocks as well as indices futures on Asian (no knowledge) and European (good knowledge) underlyings.

More info when we meet.

Looking fwd to hearing from you.

Best,
Gianluca

P.S. is there any foreigner who is trading as individual prop trader here in Singapore?

My name is Gianluca and I have just moved to Singapore a week ago with a project to carry out.
In a few weeks time I am going to open my own Prop. Trading company and I am looking for serious full-time individual proprietary traders to just share the expenses of renting an office in the city. Each of us will bring his own workstation, his systems and will use his preferred IB. i.e. we will be independent from each other.

Am looking for individual traders who have the professional attitude, real passion and who can commit for at least 3 months rental share. Estimated budget is max S$1000/month p.p., if we put together a large number of traders we can rent a bigger unit hence the per head cost would be lower.
Serviced office would be ok as they do not require long term contract commitment but one month’s notice. Checked out on Suntec when I was here a few months ago, they asked about S$3000/month for a small unit, can fit 2/3 workstations, large window w/ bay view. Also believe we can have some negotiation power.

My aim is to create a very professional although small trading floor where traders have the constant feeling of being in the market, exchange market views, quantitative info, research etc.

Something about me: I am Italian, am 30 yrs old and I have recently moved from London where I worked for a big European Inv. Banking in their Equity Derivatives sales trading desk for 5 yrs.
I will be trading single stocks as well as indices futures on Asian (no knowledge) and European (good knowledge) underlyings.

More info when we meet.

Best,
Gianluca

P.S. is there any foreigner who is trading as individual prop trader here in Singapore?

i have my office for traders too, you interested?

Hi Gianluca,

sounds good what you're up to, Singapores a great place, guess the taxes are good too if you're relocating ?

Hi Gianluca,

sounds good what you're up to, Singapores a great place, guess the taxes are good too if you're relocating ?

Yes mate, the fiscal regime here is quite good. Also if you are setting up a new company you can have some tax benefits.

Didn't have any replies... shall I assume there are not many individual prop traders here in Singapore? :confused:

Hi

How is your experience in Singapore, so far ?.

regards
Avana

QUOTE=wowpravin;627854]Hello all,

I am new to Singapore, just shifted from UK. I have spread betting accounts with UK companies which I used to trade. I want to know whether spread betting is legal in Singapore? I just heard that online gambling is illegal in Singapore, does spread betting come under preview of gambling.

Thanks,
Pravin[/QUOTE]

More info when we meet.

Best,
Gianluca

Ciao Gianluca,

vey interesting challenge !! Good Luck !!

(y)

hey guys im from sg too and am new to this forum. been trading forex on my own for around 3 years now with credible results. recently joined my first online forex competition, in which i finished in the top 10 out of over a thousand participants.

over the past couple months, i've realised that trading is something that ill want to make a career of. entering my final year in college, im not looking for jobs yet but rather, a place which i can intern at to gain invaluable insights into the world of trading.

can any kind souls advise me on where i can start looking?

Thanks alot folks!

Please remember that trading is totally different from what 95% of people believe it to be. Having a Jeep doesn't necessarily prove someone a skilled trader, as having a little beginning doesn't make one an inexperienced trader as well. Trading doesn't make anyone get rich quickly (unless the person is a gambler, and as such, his lucky days are numbered) - real success comes gradually only thru years of hard work. Your other questions would be clarified.

Mustapha Azeez

Senior Analyst
FX Instructor, LLC

Hello fellow traders nice seeing all of ur posts here.............

I am not from Singapore, from very near Sing........:p

Im currently based in KL..........

I would like to chat up and keep in touch with those who trade Forex market, especially the Asian market............

Please add me on YM at [email protected] or drop me a note here on T2W.........

Nice meeting you all again........

And Happy Pipping