Hello all :)

Stealth117

Hi,

I am very new to investing and have been looking around to see what i can do. This forum seems like a good start and i hope to read everything in detail soon. I saw that Barclays went up very well as i bank with them and keep an eye on what is going on. The share price went up lots in March/Apr/May and i am starting to think of pulling money from my ISA to put into shares as even a small increase over the year should outperform it quite nicely.

I have a day job and work 9-5. I am not able to day trade so i want to look more long term or have a managed account with one of the bigger companies out there. Is it worth looking at things myself, or should i let someone do it for me who knows what they are doing? Can you trust the big companies or is it better to go with smaller companies?

I was thinking that banks and house builders would be good as they will pickup. When the banks start lending again house builders can refinance projects etc. Barclays didnt take any government money so they should be able to do more business in the short/medium term? Please excuse my ideas if they seem silly but just looking for ideas and any tips or info would be great.

Is spreadbetting any good? It runs out so it does not seem good for long term investing. Are shares better? Should i trade them in my ISA only.

Thankyou for reading

Alan

:)