Hedge Fund Personal Account

Hi Guys

Any chance anyone know what type of account is most preferable for a hedge fund interview

Would like to present a forex account, platform, brokerage, how do they check you haven't burnt other accounts etc, piggyback accounts?

All info appreciated.

I'm guessing you don't actually have an interview scheduled, but would like one.

Unless you're already a significant player, and your question suggests you are not, then they'll not have heard of you and will not be interested.

Plus hedgies are typically looking for quants, not traders as they can poach the latter from the IBs, or at least, they could in the good old days before they started bleeding capital. If you've got a stunning PhD in maths or related area then you might be able to get them to give you a shot at n interview.

Last edited:
Will hopefully have a masters in a relative subject by next year - if the way into a hedge fund is through getting a job as IB (or other job) then how does one do this?

Also does an IB's job include executing trades and need a qualification from CISI or the CFA?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
IB as in Investment Bank - not Introducing Broker.

Why don't you contact one of the many hedge fund recruitment agencies out there and ask their advice. May save you some time.

Apparently a job, inter-ship or work experience is essential - any particular jobs i should be looking at, am currently an introducing broker

are you sure ?............really ?.........do you know how much responsibility and stress comes with the territory ?

N

are you sure ?............really ?.........do you know how much responsibility and stress comes with the territory ?

N
I'm sure he doesn't have any idea, but then unless you've worked in that sector, neither do you. The problem with opining without any substantial or experiential basis for doing so, however positively intended, is that you could be negatively impacting someones life path based purely on your own, potentially ill-formed, preconceptions.

I'm just saying it's probably better to stick to areas on which you are an expert before considering counseling others.

If he wanted to anything about FX correlators, you'd be the guy for him to ask.