HEDGE FUND; How do I set one up and join in the bonanza?!

I think I`m much happier than Paulson and I`m poor.[/quote}How do you know?

Money does not equal happiness.
A lot of poor people say that.

QUOTE=JohnnyForex;975326]In fact, if you are miserable and by some chance get rich, it will **** you up even more after the initial thrill.
I doubt you know anyone personally that could corroborate that statement.

I doubt you know anyone personally that could corroborate that statement.

I don`t want to start a debate on this, especially since I know I`m right.

There are many miserable rich people. Just look around you. They`re everywhere.

Personally, I`m very happy now, but I would not mind having financial freedom.

For me, it`s a worthwhile goal pursuing, but it`s DEFINITELY NOT to become happy.

I`m just saying that if you are miserable, don`t expect the money to fix it, because it won`t.

There are many miserable rich people. Just look around you. They`re everywhere.

Personally, I`m very happy now, but I would not mind having financial freedom.

For me, it`s a worthwhile goal pursuing, but it`s DEFINITELY NOT to become happy.

I`m just saying that if you are miserable, don`t expect the money to fix it, because it won`t.

Have you tried Yoga and meditation?

What flavour?

I've found rubbing horse liniment into my genitals before I start work helps sharpen my focus and stops me thinking unclean thought. But the other passengers seem to find it disturbing.

Good for you.

I There are many miserable rich people. Just look around you. They`re everywhere.
Just looked. Not too many as far as I can see.

I Personally, I`m very happy now, but I would not mind having financial freedom.
So, that would make you happier. More money I mean?

I For me, it`s a worthwhile goal pursuing, but it`s DEFINITELY NOT to become happy.
Uh? What is a worthwhile goal worth pursuing? What would you have to do if you found yourself being happy?

I I`m just saying that if you are miserable, don`t expect the money to fix it, because it won`t.
I’ve tried both and it’s a lot more difficult being miserable when you have lots of money.

Good for you.

Just looked. Not too many as far as I can see.

So, that would make you happier. More money I mean?

Uh? What is a worthwhile goal worth pursuing? What would you have to do if you found yourself being happy?

I’ve tried both and it’s a lot more difficult being miserable when you have lots of money.

To quote Ben Affleck in the (very under-rated) film boiler room;

Jim: "I am a fookin millionaire. And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A fookin senior citizen. This furm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very bleeping good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You gups are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm."

"Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fookin have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fookin smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby" :D

To quote Ben Affleck in the (very under-rated) film boiler room;

Jim: "I am a fookin millionaire. And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A fookin senior citizen. This furm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very bleeping good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You gups are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm."

"Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fookin have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fookin smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby" :D

There just was a TV show about happiness in Israel.

EDIT: something I found that resmebles the study they showed:
it was called "how to become truly happy in 6 lessons", and it was hosted by an investigative reporter and a brain scienctist/psychaiatrist.
they checked with real people about 6 different things (money, work, love, children, luck, fun) and how it affects their happines, then they backed it up with academic experiments with straight up conclusions.

I won't tell you everything about everything but the money experiments stated this:
above a certain amount of money you earn a month, there's no affect to the increase on your happines. the amount in israel was a surprisingly low 14K NIS (about 4K USD).
of course, people who don't have large amount of money find it hard to agree with this, but there definitely are people who are miserable with lots of money.

they presented a a man who stated that his money (cap over $100M) made his life more convenient - not happy, as he lost his beloved wife to cancer and no matter the costs he could not save her - he described the process of losing his friend because he went from a regular neigbourhood to one of rich people, and his friends just didn't feel comfortable seeing him anymore

anyway, the final conclusion of this (to me) is that there's a certain amount you should work towards, and then stop. (whatever the number for you - 5K a month/30K a month/10 M total/ 500M total).

wish you all to get to that number FAST

(y)

http://www.webmd.com/news/20060630/study-money-wont-make-you-happy