HEDGE FUND; How do I set one up and join in the bonanza?!

stevoeo

I wish I was a manager of a multi-billion dollar hedge fund and had made a descent return last year?! Why, try asking John Paulson of New York based Paulson & Co. Estimated 2007 Income: $3 Billion+ yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about......

Now the problem is, where and how do I begin to form a hedge fund, and how do I bring in the big monied clients who will entrust me with their billions of dollars?!..... hmmm......:confused:

I leave this question to the learned and experienced in this forum to answer:)

I wish I was a manager of a multi-billion dollar hedge fund and had made a descent return last year?! Why, try asking John Paulson of New York based Paulson & Co. Estimated 2007 Income: $3 Billion+ yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about......

Now the problem is, where and how do I begin to form a hedge fund, and how do I bring in the big monied clients who will entrust me with their billions of dollars?!..... hmmm......:confused:

DREAM BIG!!!!!!
and you will achieve it

easy.................
Just do what paulson did.

how about starting small? and then take 1 step each days towards the goal of a billiion?

Yes, John Paulson did rather well... made about $30bn for his company shorting Dow or something similar. Took a big risk, though, as others in a similar position in 2005/6 bailed out of their position as the Dow continued to rise during early 2007.

As for setting up your own hedge fund, I would imagine that having some sort of track record in trading would help.

Yes, John Paulson did rather well... made about $30bn for his company shorting Dow or something similar. Took a big risk, though, as others in a similar position in 2005/6 bailed out of their position as the Dow continued to rise during early 2007.

As for setting up your own hedge fund, I would imagine that having some sort of track record in trading would help.

well the guy was shorting sub prime, and he thinks that there will be carnage!!!
Risks!!! yes he did
But lets face it, he had the stomach!!
just like soros

Start by opening a Finspreads account.

Good luck!

Steve.

I wonder what paulson paid in taxes?! How much did he really take home? .......aaahhh...... doesn't matter anyway, his pay check was still in the billions!! How happy he must be.... I keep meditating how it would feel like to have so much money...... oohh wow...!!!

With that sort of money he would be paying less tax then you and I, it would be in Offshore companies and trust, etc.

As to starting a hedge fund get a good trading record and get in good with the big brokers who could funnel clients to you. This would be easier said then done.

i think one of the young credit traders at goldmans is rumoured to have made the most for himself in one year. basically bet on sub-prime happening.

outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I say...............
GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
The guy has the stomach!!!!
the mental fitness!

Outrageous for those of us in the middle class who don't have a choice to be paid through offshore trusts and what not...?! We in the middle class are the ones who actually sustain the american government with out taxes, not the rich!!! even though they make a hell of a lot more than we could ever make in a lifetime. :(

But what can we say,..... it is what it is.....it is the way it is.....

You say "........GREATTTTTTTTTTTT........." may be you are rich as Paulson is... maybe you have billions too...... say, can you spare me some of that $$$$$....lol:LOL::p it won't pain you in anyway!!!!:cheesy:

Why is it Outrageous to run your money offshore,
I think running your money offshore it is a smart move, everyone has the right to reduce their tax bill and protect their assets.

and if your not doing it, well that's your loss!!

and with the middle class pay's the most the taxes, that's just not ture, the top 10% of wage eaners pay 70% of the taxes, it is the same in all high tax nations (usa, UK, Australia, etc) that's why so many of the HNWI go offshore, If the tax syatems where made fairer for all, then more tax revenue would stay onshore.

Also some links for starting / running a start hedge fund.
Hedge Fund News | HedgeWeek | HedgeMedia
Hedge Funds | HedgeCo.Net | Leading Free Online Hedge Fund Information Portal and Database
Moneymanagerservices.com

Outrageous for those of us in the middle class who don't have a choice to be paid through offshore trusts and what not...?! We in the middle class are the ones who actually sustain the american government with out taxes, not the rich!!! even though they make a hell of a lot more than we could ever make in a lifetime. :(

But what can we say,..... it is what it is.....it is the way it is.....

You say "........GREATTTTTTTTTTTT........." may be you are rich as Paulson is... maybe you have billions too...... say, can you spare me some of that $$$$$....lol:LOL::p it won't pain you in anyway!!!!:cheesy:

Nope I am NOt rich as Paulson "Yet"
But I will be LOL
you are DOOMED to fail if you think like a "middle Class"

You have a choice, only YOU have a power to change your thoughts
only YOU have a power to change your attitude, only YOU have the power to DECIDE what YOU want and what ACTIONS YOU will take

well reading about Paulson really inspired me yesterday!!!!
It really motivated me
End result - I had the best day EVER in trading yesterday
so I chose my thoughts and did something about it!
" I am the master of my thoughts"

Hey guys,

I am also going in the direct of wanting to set up a hedge fund, however the accounting, legal and all other cost to start a hedge fund are at least $ 50,000. Which are much to high for me.
I thought of setting up a ltd as our "hedge fund" and let the first few small clients also set up a ltd, and then manage the clients money through the ltd.
Did anyone have any other low-budget hedge fund start up plan he or she wants to share?
regards
Paul

you want to start a HF and $50k is too much? wtf is your cap? why not buy a piggy bank?

I wonder what paulson paid in taxes?! How much did he really take home? .......aaahhh...... doesn't matter anyway, his pay check was still in the billions!! How happy he must be.... I keep meditating how it would feel like to have so much money...... oohh wow...!!!

I think I`m much happier than Paulson and I`m poor.

Something to consider for you:)

Money does not equal happiness.

In fact, if you are miserable and by some chance get rich, it will **** you up even more after the initial thrill.